Dallas - August 14-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nescubasteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be in Dallas August 14-18 for a seminar. Then staying in Austin until August 21 when I fly back to Nebraska. I have all my own gear, but would need to make arrangements to get tanks and weights. Could do late afternoon/night dives while in Dallas area or anytime dives while in Austin.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

nescubasteve:
Will be in Dallas August 14-18 for a seminar. Then staying in Austin until August 21 when I fly back to Nebraska. I have all my own gear, but would need to make arrangements to get tanks and weights. Could do late afternoon/night dives while in Dallas area or anytime dives while in Austin.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Steve,,, our shop in Arlington would be happy to help you out in the area of tanks/wts.,,,,,,we are diving at a local watering hole CSSP most weekends and can meet-up there during the week sometimes. Give us a ring and ask for Debra or myself @ 817-652-3483 for other info.. And just to let you know we here at Texas Swamp Divers are always willing to help our fellow out of state divers when we can....safe travels.
Alan

nescubasteve:

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Steve,
I live in the Austin area but will be gone on those dates. Someone from the area will be happy to help. Where are you staying in Austin? We have many great shops. Best places to dive are Windy Point Private aka Barstow's and Mansfield Dam Park. I personally use Dive World 1 & 2 on Hwy 620 and they have everything you need. I will e-mail you the maps of the dive areas when I get home. Try www.diveworldaustin.com for a weather report. Water is warm.
Dan

http://www.windypointpark.com/

This is the website address for Windy Point Park. It is commonly called Windy Point Private. Stop at any of the dive shops and they can give you directions. You can also go on Hwy 620, cross the dam, turn right and go into the city park and there is a dive park on the right. I will try to find you a map.

Looks like our schedules are crossed. I'm leaving Dallas and heading to Houston on the 14th. I'm then heading to Austin, but not until the 26th.

I'm looking forward to diving Travis again. I haven't been there since we did the Swampers Halloween dive years ago. (BTW whatever happened to the infamous Iguana Don?)

Any of you Austinites available for a Saturday dive on the 27th?

Texass:
Looks like our schedules are crossed. I'm leaving Dallas and heading to Houston on the 14th. I'm then heading to Austin, but not until the 26th.

I'm looking forward to diving Travis again. I haven't been there since we did the Swampers Halloween dive years ago. (BTW whatever happened to the infamous Iguana Don?)

Any of you Austinites available for a Saturday dive on the 27th?

I will be in Alaska but there is always someone diving at Windy Point or Mansfield Dam park. Saturdays will have a lot of student traffic so get in early or go deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom