Dallas - Antares Freight - Know of them??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
A friend bought a compressor on Ebay, and the seller wants to ship with this company:
http://www.antares-freight.ro/home.htm

The seller has ZERO feedback, won't take Paypal and wants to use this company as the shipper/broker - money to be wired.

Anybody know anything about this shipping company.

Thanks!

I'm afraid I've never heard of them either, Rick. Sorry.

Ok, I am a financial skeptic and naysayer so please keep in mind that my thoughts are from the pessimistic side of the coin.

There are some serious issues here.
1. My brother has worked in Freight forwarding and has never heard of this organization.
2. Dallas BBB has no listing for this business
3. Yahoo maps say the location does not exist, and Yahoo yellow pages has no listings.
4. The phone number has a 973 prefix and that is New Jersey not Dallas.

Now website flaws and problems
1. They say that they are listed in Dallas- yet the website has a (.ro) extension.
The only allowable extensions in the US are .com/.edu/.mil. and a few others.
This is an extension for Romania (.RO)
2. If you look in the “source coding” of the website you will see a link to
http://www.allisonshipping.com/home.htm
Gee, it looks just like the other website. I would call this ghosting or spoofing.

Wiring Money-

Never, ever wire people money. Once they have it- you are screwed.
A friend send someone $3000.00 to hold a motorcycle that he purchased on ebay and the seller and the motorcycle disappeared. Never… ever… wire someone money.
I personally think that Ebay and Paypal is a scam but at least there is traceability.

Zero Feedback is a signpost that reads this is a scam.

People should realize that Paypal is not a credit or financial institution and does not play by their rules. You have little to no recall with Paypal. I have seen countless losses and there is very little you can do. Not to mention people are hacking Paypal accounts attached to people’s bank accounts and draining their accounts. Again, Paypal and Ebay are not banks or credit institutions and do not have the same Fraud or recall guidelines that consumers are used to.

So, would I buy this- heck no.
Sometimes the best deal is to walk away…

Good Luck, Andrew

Just to let you know myself and about 4 others are currently looking for this guy. The dallas police know but I need to get the FBI involved. This guy is a total ***. He has taken lots of money from folks and ebay will do NOTHING to stop him. I was taken for 2600 bucks and others were taken for about that too. If you want to get on the list for the cops to chase this guy down feel fee to call me 408-893-6586.

I see that website has been taken down too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom