Daily diving from Phuket. Which dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shiva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, used to dive with Sea Bees but this time their schedule doesn't fit our plans. We would rather do two days of Shark Point and Anemone than Racha Noi, Phi-Phi and King Cruiser that fall on the days when we can dive. Also last time we had to dive with really ****ty divers (enough experience but an idiot :)) whospoilt the pleasure partially. So which boat would you recommend. Less divers or possibility to get a private guide for the two of us for a reasonable amount of money would be a nice bonus

Hey Shiva,
It's a shame that the schedule of Sea Bees is not fitting your plan, there are a very good operator. It is hard to give you any advice, since you are not saying the dates / days you like to go where. Anyway I would recommend to use an agent, I did my last diving planning with South East Asia Divers a few years ago. They had their one boat before but are since a few years they are only an agent, but they know all the operators and are able to help you to find one for you. I think the site is calling something with phuketdive dot net or com. Maybe just check it out.

Hi Shiva,

We will give you a private guide free of charge. I presume you're talking about Thursday-Friday?

Hi, thank you, who are "we"? I checked your web-site and it features Excalibur which is a See Bees vessel. So that probably wouldn't solve schedule problem. Speaking of the dates we can dive off Phuket 20-23 of march which are Tuesday-Friday. The schedule that we have from SB is as follows

Tuesday
Racha Yai with two dives
Baht 3.750,-
Wednesday
Phi Phi Islands with three dives
Baht 4.500,-
Thursday
Kingcruiser with two dives
Baht 3.750,-
Friday
Racha Noi/Racha Yai with three dives
Baht 4.500,-

We could probably do Racha Yai on Tuesday (hoping for mantas or a whale shark) but the rest sounds even less exciting, not a chance to do our favorite Anemone/Shark point combo with See Bees during our stay

It says 'this is one of the many boats we can offer'.

Racha Yai with 2 dives: virtually nil chance of manta ray, you'd have to do the combination trip Racha Noi/Yai. That would be possible on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Combination Shark Point-Anemone Reef-Koh Doc Mai would be possible on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Exact prices would depend on the days, but will be between 3,500 and 3,800 Baht per day for the 3 dives.

It says 'this is one of the many boats we can offer'.

Racha Yai with 2 dives: virtually nil chance of manta ray, you'd have to do the combination trip Racha Noi/Yai. That would be possible on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Combination Shark Point-Anemone Reef-Koh Doc Mai would be possible on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Exact prices would depend on the days, but will be between 3,500 and 3,800 Baht per day for the 3 dives.

We would just probably do Shark/Anemone combo twice on Tuesday and Wednesday (or Thursday). What boat would that be?

We'd just skip Rachas as we'll be coming to Phuket from Khao Lak and jopefully will have seen manta rays by the time.

So which boat would you recommend. Less divers or possibility to get a private guide for the two of us for a reasonable amount of money would be a nice bonus

I recommend Kamala Dive Centre in Phuket. Many of the local dive centers without their own boat use the Kamala boat. Not sure if their schedule works for you; but here is there schedule:

Kamala Dive Centre - Phuket Diving Day Trips

Stevenl, can you send me a PM as well for your website?

I am thinking of heading up to Phuket for 4 days or so this month in March.

Back
Top Bottom