Dahab, July 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A bit late report to share our first time experience diving in red sea/Sinai. Next will be Hurghada or Sharm mid of October.
We visited Dahab July 2015, a short trip - 3 diving day, 7 dives. All went well. Everything was arranged by dive center.
The hotel is located on main street, 7 minutes walk from the dive center. Nice walk in the morning to DC but quite hot when we returned to the hotel after diving.
The hotel is clean but the breakfast was mediocre. Not big deal. We had great lunch and dinner - certainly not in the hotel.
If you're meat lover, try El Husiny BBQ - probably the best grill in Dahab, cheap and tasty.
Seem not many people visited Dahab at that time. The DC had few guess other than us, for snorkelling and discovery scuba diving.
Unfortunately, other instructor/guide were not available. The manager had to manage fun diving, snorkelling and discover scuba diving himself.
On the second day, he managed to get his friend as our guide.
The diving in Dahab all were shore diving; easy and relaxing; practically almost current. The water was very warm.
We dived at Lighthouse, Mashraba, Moray garden, Umm sid, blue hole (2x) and the canyon.
Blue hole was not my luck. My camera flooded on the first dive in blue hole. here is the story http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/the-olympus-outlet/511192-em1-pany-7-14mm-naem-1-flooding.htmlDahab site is beautiful gardens, great viz., healthy coral teeming with small fishes - anthias and lovely glass fish.

Few shots from the trip:

21721084041_c61e584678_c.jpgCeley and corals-2 by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

21523871640_6e6c091fb3_c.jpgCoral and anthias-2 by
Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

21090683434_bcfb7784d6_c.jpgDahab Pufferfish-1 by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flick

21089098324_b714eeb38d_c.jpgDahab Glassfish and anthias-1 by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

21525514280_ef54d2853c_c.jpgCeley and Glassfish-4 by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flick

21473564380_519609b35c_c.jpgCel and Octo by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

more pics can be seen in my flickr album

I think here in red sea anthias is known in more common name, Sea Goldie..

Octopus is a great shot! 🐙

Next time you come to neighborhood, I recommend also doing some dives at Gabr el bint and Ras Abu Galum.

The first is the best site in Dahab (imho), the latter is different and also involves riding camels, loaded with scuba gear, cylinders and all. Nice experience, good dive site.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think here in red sea anthias is known in more common name, Sea Goldie..

Octopus is a great shot! 

Next time you come to neighborhood, I recommend also doing some dives at Gabr el bint and Ras Abu Galum.

The first is the best site in Dahab (imho), the latter is different and also involves riding camels, loaded with scuba gear, cylinders and all. Nice experience, good dive site.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks, next time we visit Dahab or Sharm, I'll check those site.
Any recommendation for best site at hurgadha or sharm for day trip?

Back
Top Bottom