Dacor Viper America

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MunsonRN

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK, I know.....this is my first post....BUT,....

I was just given a New In Box....Dacor Viper America reg.

It is obviously NIB as it has no marks, scratches, etc....

Any idea where or if this can be serviced. I'm just getting back into diving and cannot afford to spend much money on new stuff, and this appears to have been a decent reg when it was first out....BUT, I've read a lot about problems with servicing Dacor regs.

Any thoughts or help? Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks

Unfortunately the DACOR line is no longer being supported.

Your best bet will be to find a shop who used to carry the DACOR line, and see if they have any NOS parts. Also, since they were assimilated by MARES, well established (read OLD-farts) dealers may know which Mares kits might work for you. IIRC that viper line was carried as a Mares branded model, so some may still be around.

If you can't find anyone locally, PM me. My shop up here in VANCOUVER CANADA does have an OLD service Tech, and the associated parts; they may be able to help you. I know they are pretty picky and try to service the DACOR regs purchased from them as much as possible (as a service to friends and long time regulars) so they may not be willing to do mail order service.

Good luck

The Dacor America is a post Mares takeover model and as such can be serviced with regular Mares parts.....bottom line is Dacor/Mares will support this model.

Wow, that would be great. I guess I'll see what the LDS says when I get a chance to make it over there next. If not, I'll call scubatoys.

One way or the other.....

Thanks everyone for your assistance. I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I get back into diving.

If it's never been used, it's unlikely it needs any parts. The 2nd stage seat might be a little worn, but a competent tech should be able to adjust that.

That said, I used to have one of the viper octos and I disliked it enough to give it away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom