Dacor Tiger Fin problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear you'd gotten yourself a pair of cursed fins! :eek:

Can't explain all those problems in one set of fins any other way.

Oooooh... scarey, kids! :ghost:

~SubMariner~

SubMariner:

To come to think back about it , the dive that day, i remember setting up my equipment in order . I did remember looking over my fins { for adjustments} and did not notice any seperating of the rubber where it hinges.

The only thing that i can imagine that possibly could had occur was, the day was sunny & hot , heat index real high, 90 de.f. air temperature, the water temperature at the surface was about 74 de. f and at the bottom was about 58 de f.. This was a quarry dive in western pa. and one could suspect by leaving those fins out in the hot sun and subjecting them to one extreme to another could have something to do with it. The rubber seamed to be real brittle were they seperated....... who know's?

I don't think i'll be going back to that particular quarry.....
I't might be out for me...lol

Back
Top Bottom