Dacor Regulator Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Alvin Slovinsky

Dacor went out of business for a reason. Their designs were more complicated than their competitors and not significantly better. I have a Dacor first stage and was warned to be careful because Dacor had three different versions of the same first stage each requires different parts.

Your second stages are no problem. You need to match the o-rings and seat. I am sure if your search Scubaboard you will find the specs. You can purchase the o-rings from various locations, the seats can be purchased from Northeast Scuba Supply or Vintage Double Hose.

Your first stages are more problematic. Again you can match the o-rings, but the seats and diaphragms are more tricky. Again, Ness and VDH may be able to help you out. If not you may need to cut the diaphragm out of material. It would be less headache to get different first stages.

It is going to be difficult if not impossible to find a tech to repair your regulators. There are liability issues involved. Also parts kits are going to be 20 years old and the parts could degrade over that time.

Rather than dig up old posts, start your own in either the vintage section or DIY section. The Dacor manual is available on the VDH website in the manuals section.

@Alvin Slovinsky

Dacor went out of business for a reason. Their designs were more complicated than their competitors and not significantly better. I have a Dacor first stage and was warned to be careful because Dacor had three different versions of the same first stage each requires different parts.

Your second stages are no problem. You need to match the o-rings and seat. I am sure if your search Scubaboard you will find the specs. You can purchase the o-rings from various locations, the seats can be purchased from Northeast Scuba Supply or Vintage Double Hose.

Your first stages are more problematic. Again you can match the o-rings, but the seats and diaphragms are more tricky. Again, Ness and VDH may be able to help you out. If not you may need to cut the diaphragm out of material. It would be less headache to get different first stages.

It is going to be difficult if not impossible to find a tech to repair your regulators. There are liability issues involved. Also parts kits are going to be 20 years old and the parts could degrade over that time.

Rather than dig up old posts, start your own in either the vintage section or DIY section. The Dacor manual is available on the VDH website in the manuals section.
Thanks for your advice I’ll check it out and hopefully can find something that can help me out I do have a dive shop that will service it with some parts he has in stock but I’m not sure if it’s worth the $175.00 to get it done instead of just buying another one and use this one as a learning tool on how to dismantle and fix them.

Thanks for your advice I’ll check it out and hopefully can find something that can help me out I do have a dive shop that will service it with some parts he has in stock but I’m not sure if it’s worth the $175.00 to get it done instead of just buying another one and use this one as a learning tool on how to dismantle and fix them.

The price is a bit high if servicing one set but very reasonable if servicing both. I think the going rate is $40 per stage plus parts so that is $120 + parts, if he also tests the computer replaces the swivel on the spg, etc. The price adds up.

@Alvin Slovinsky

Here is a link to the parts:
Store | Vintage Double Hose
Dacor Regulator Parts

Here is the link to the manuals:
https://personal.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8d6d638a5f6075b5a46a

Your best bet if you want to self-service is the DIY section of SB or maybe the vintage section. While your regs are not vintage, the posters have experience keeping older regs functioning.
Thank you so much for the link I’ll download it so I can start working on them and thanks for the site where I can get parts for them as well it’s very much appreciated. If I get them operation again I have a friend that is certified to do servicing on them I can get him to double check them over and test them before considering using them again. Thank you all for the advice and information this is a amazing FB page with people that want to help each other out. Thanks

Question for the dacor experts out there.. I have a quantum 1st and 2nd stage. I have had it since new. The LP seat that's in it looks like a mushroom..with theads. But I noticed most quantum LP seats are flat on top with threads. What is the difference? Thank you for the help!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom