Dacor question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishoutawater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought my regulator, used, about ten years ago, and had it serviced just once right after I bought it. I've dove with it 42 times. I've always been real anal about how I've rinsed it and stored it (cool, dry and dark). It's been stored in my closet now for about two years.
It is a Dacor, and it says "Formula" on the front of the second stage. The filter in the first stage still looks brand new. No signs of dry rot on any of the rubber that I can see.
I recently decided it would be a good idea to have it serviced. I also looked on the web for any info about this reg, and I can find nothing. I haven't taken it to my LDS yet, so I don't even know if it can be serviced or not. I'd read something about Dacor being bought out by Mares.
Does anybody here know about this regulator? Serviceability, parts availability etc.?

The octopus is a low profile Sherwood, which I put on brand new the last time I dove, about two years ago. Should be ok.

Mares does not provide parts for Dacor regs made prior to the buyout. There is a shop in FL that has a stock of older parts and services them (I am not affiliated with them):

Older Dacor parts are still available. Scuba Repair Express in Tavernier has plenty
of parts as posted earlier on this site. Mares bought out Dacor as stated in earlier
posts to take over a greater share of the US market. They immediately dropped all
of the older "Dacor" products and replaced them with all Mares made units.
That's why similar products are marketed under different names. We stocked up on
older Dacor parts and still have them in good supply. The regulators and BC's are
all servicable. I would imagine there are others in the industry that did the same
thing so it would just be a matter of finding who has the parts for your particular
regulator. If you have difficulty in finding someone that can service Dacor models
back through the Olympic line give us a call at 1-800-649-4659. Our technicians
are factory trained, we have all the specifications and "factory" parts.
If you're coming to the Keys you can mail your regs to us and we'll have it ready
when you get down here. If you're not coming to the Keys, mail it down and we can
have it back to you within about a week to 10 days depending on how busy we are
at the time. Don't give up, help is only a phone call away.

Thanks Wayward Son.
I may be calling them soon. Gotta check out the locals first though.
My BC is Dacor too, but I know it's in great shape.
I wish I could say I was coming to the keys soon, but I can't swing it for a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom