Dacor parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2airishuman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I noticed the other day that Northeast Scuba had HP seats for sale for several models of Dacor 1st stages, with a note saying that "a vendor" has started making them.

I believe this is notable because the parts have been unavailable for some time. It is possible that some very inexpensive Dacor 1st stages could now be brought back to life. I see a plethora of them on craigslist locally.

i think they are just the trident seats that have been available for a while. while you could fix some dacor regs up, it makes little sense to me when you can find older us divers and scubapro regs for very low prices too and get parts from vdh.

Sure you can service them IF you get the correct parts. Dacor was notorious for changing HP seat design (plus a number of other parts that go with it) within the same model so just because you have a model XX, until you disassemble it, you can't tell which version of the HP seat you have. The problem is, you have to use the same style of seat that matches the other parts in your reg (springs, spacers, guides and the like). With Dacor, just because it is a model XX, you still have to open it up and use the correct seat that match the rest of the parts.....which may look darn close. Then there is the issue of orings. I am unaware of any odd sized orings used by Dacor but orings must be of the same durometer (hardness) as the originals to work properly. It's not too hard to do if you understand reg /oring design but just grabbing any old oring that looks right is not going to work in many instances.
I restore a lot of old regs so I have some experience with this..by the way, the Dacor 900 series was esp bad for different HP components.

@herman How were the 300 series? I just picked up what looks to be a never used 300 first with a totally balanced second.

I have about 4lbs of DACOR NOS parts from a closed shop. I PLAN on starting a new category in the website store for them around the seasonal sale time in November. I just don't have time to sort through and catalog all them now.

@herman How were the 300 series? I just picked up what looks to be a never used 300 first with a totally balanced second.

Finally found the little info I have on the 300 series. What I have references 2 different HP seats and balance chambers, there could be more if there were later mods than I have info on. Also, both of the balance chambers, which go with the HP seats do not show replaceable orings (intended to be replaced as a unit). So if you find a HP seat, you need the corresponding balance chamber to go with it or figure out how to replace the oring in the one you have. They appear to be similar to the ones used by Voit/AMF, the oring in which are "replaceable" but were not intended to be replaced and are a pain to do.

Finally found the little info I have on the 300 series. What I have references 2 different HP seats and balance chambers, there could be more if there were later mods than I have info on. Also, both of the balance chambers, which go with the HP seats do not show replaceable orings (intended to be replaced as a unit). So if you find a HP seat, you need the corresponding balance chamber to go with it or figure out how to replace the oring in the one you have. They appear to be similar to the ones used by Voit/AMF, the oring in which are "replaceable" but were not intended to be replaced and are a pain to do.

Thanks for the info. Bryan mentioned he has some Dacor parts maybe that is part of his stash. I will have to wait and see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom