Dacor Pacer 900 - balance chamber stuck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoolin01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm servicing an old Pacer 900 for the first time, referring to an old manual kindly provided years ago by knotical.

I'm unable to remove the balance chamber. It appears it should drift out, being held only by a captured o-ring. However, I've whacked it fairly hard with a punch down through the throat on the opposite side, and also tried pressing it out in the vise jaws, but I don't think it has budged.

Am I going about this wrong? Should I just leave it where it is?

Last edited:
First, which model do you have? The early ones had the balance chamber as part of the HP assembly (buried in the notes of the manual). If that is the one you have, then nothing comes out of the main body. Pretty easy to tell, did he HP poppet and springs come out when you remove the module or are they held in by a circlip? If by the clip, you have to old model.

I saw that part about the old style balance chamber in the manual, but I'm pretty sure I have the new style. The only circlip was the one for the frit, and the poppet was the long style, not one of the shorter versions shown. There isn't a circlip and the poppet came out during disassembly.

There wasn't any crud inside the regulator at all, and you can see that the balance chamber should pass through the main threads in the body. It's just odd that it's so firmly stuck. I hit it pretty hard once, I don't want to damage something.

Here's a pic.
P9080066.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom