Dacor Olympic 1st Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Were all Dacor Olympic 1st stages the same? I've seen them as both J and K but never a number on the first stage itself.

I found this one with a built in J valve but it didn't come with a 2nd stage.

2016-04-17 00.53.38.jpg
2016-04-17 00.54.41.jpg

The word "Olympic" was used on a line of regulators including the 100, 200, 400 and 800 models.
The 100 was a flow by piston stage, the 200 was a smaller diaphragm stage and the 400/800 are larger diaphragm first stages. The difference between the 400 and the 800 was the J valves installed in the 800 model (which is what you have in the photo), otherwise they are the same.
The same second stage was used on all 4 models.
Those regs really don't qualify as "vintage" since they were late 70s to mid 80's models.

They were actually very early 70's. I remember them around 1971.
We serviced many of the Olympic 400 and 800.

My fist regulator was an Olympic 400. I bought it used in 1973. I like the cool screw off cap-it was a handy place to carry a spare car key. The second stage had a combination inlet port/adjustable orifice.

The word "Olympic" was used on a line of regulators including the 100, 200, 400 and 800 models.
The 100 was a flow by piston stage, the 200 was a smaller diaphragm stage and the 400/800 are larger diaphragm first stages. The difference between the 400 and the 800 was the J valves installed in the 800 model (which is what you have in the photo), otherwise they are the same.
The same second stage was used on all 4 models.
Those regs really don't qualify as "vintage" since they were late 70s to mid 80's models.

They were actually very early 70's. I remember them around 1971.
We serviced many of the Olympic 400 and 800.

My fist regulator was an Olympic 400. I bought it used in 1973. I like the cool screw off cap-it was a handy place to carry a spare car key. The second stage had a combination inlet port/adjustable orifice.

Any of you fine folks in this thread want the reg? Yours for the cost of shipping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom