DACOR Equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DACOR sure is taking a beating from everybody! I have a pair of DACOR fullfoot fins (Cordaflex Longblades) and they work great! Of course they don't need any maintenance support at all...

I think they have a really cool logo too...

My first reg was a Dacor Olympic 100. I still have a two hose dial a breath I use from time to time. Alas, Dacor is going the way of the Dinosor. You couldn't give me a new one as the support situation is not going to be there.

Jim

Scottri:
I'd stay away from them. They used to make good gear but the last 2 or 3 year they have really gone down hill. Their regs are crap and I could never get parts for older ones. I wouldn't personally buy anything made by Dacor.

Dacor was once one of the premier dive manufactures but they been going down hill for many years. Dacor has not been the same since Sam died. His heirs let the company go downhill and the present owner obviously doesn't really care about the brand.

it is a public company.

cerich:
it is a public company.

It is owned by the company that owns Mares. You can't buy shares in Dacor by itself. Dacor is wholly owned by another corporation. It was originally a family company. I don't know if it was public at that time or not, but the family at least owned a controlling interest. When I referred to the "owner" I was referring to the corporation that has ownership or, in the past, the family members who exercised control.

I have not known the producer Dacor bevor the internet,there jackets look real fine as special the extemel jackets and its a fair price 300€ for a BC.My favor is Nemrod that is mostly like Cressi,well Nemrod is older then then Cressi& Coltri so the question how oder what where wail with what licence i do not care or say i know about wail i dont like to...

7*

Thanks for everyones help!

I am about to order from you scubatoys :)

Good idea! Talk to Larry on the phone and he will give you some great advice!

FWIW...I own a few different regs and BCs, as does my wife, and have been able to try some different regs and BC's.
I like the Dacor Viper, its a great reg for the price. I wouldn't use it for cold water.
My wife's Oceanic Zeta is incredible, easy, light, small, and reasonable. It is sealed, and good in cold or warm water. I fitted the second stage with a swivel. Ask Larry about it.
My Apeks ATX 200 rocks in all conditions, but its expensive, and I'm not aware of any place that you can get it online.
I dove the Zeagle Flathead ZX and Its just as good as the Apeks Expensive.
Check out the Zeagle Envoy deluxe. I played with one at my LDS and it looks great. Very reasonable price at Scubatoys.
BCD's...
Zeagle Ranger. (Love it! Kinda big to travel with. Expensive.)
Seaquest Balance(Very sleek and great to pack and travel. A little tricky control.)
Mares Z1000(Inexpensive, and I like it. Jacket style, but comfy and great control.)
Dacor Extremell(She loves it. Won't let me get her a Zeagle Zena.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom