Question Dacor Darwin Deco Algo Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm trying to find out what type of Algorithm, from the manual :
"Algorithm: 11 textures, deterministic-exponential type, with values M (low bubble) derived from Rogers and Powell studies (modified Haldane)"
so, i checked the Haldane and i understand that the Bulham is base on this model, so i should be expeting a behavior similar to ZHL?

Hi @Mario007

From the description, it made me think of the DSAT deco algorithm. However, the Dacor Darwin, and apparently, the Mares M1, run one less tissue compartment and have slightly different tissue half-lives compared to the Oceanic/Aeris contemporary DSAT. Definitely not a Buhlmann algorithm.

I found an abstract from Karl Huggins and the Catalina Hyperbaric Unit that concluded that DSAT was quite liberal, and Dacor/Mares was conservative. https://dornsife.usc.edu/assets/sites/222/docs/computer-tests.pdf

There was a recall of the Dacor Darwin in 2004/5, you might want to check that your computer was not included CPSC, Head USA Inc. Announce Recall of SCUBA Diving Computers

So, I would assume your Dacor Darwin will be on the conservative side. You can run the NDLs on the planner and compare it to other algorithms. First, clean air dive NDLs for DSAT and PZ+ are listed in the back of Oceanic Owner's Manuals

Let us know what you find out and how it dives.

Back
Top Bottom