Dacor 950/Pacer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still have a boat load of parts for the old Dacor Pacer and Modular series regs and still work on them all the time. If you're in need of factory and factory spec parts contact me at Welcome To ScubaRepairExpress.com - Your one-stop scuba repair shop - Home of the Scuba Wizard. and I'm sure I can help you out. It sounds like from your profile and questions you don't have a great deal of experience in repairing your own regs and I've been working on them for over 20 years and will be glad to help you out.

Tav, I'll definitely take you up on that. I'm very new at this, in fact, I think every inspection I've done is well-documented on this site :)

Posting some measurements here for safekeeping:

Dacor XL Pacer
Seat: 7.0mm diameter x 2.0mm wide
Knife-edge o-ring: 11.0mm OD, 7.5mm ID, 1.7mm thick (I know it doesn't add up: this o-ring's thrashed).
LH side LP port: 10.7mm OD, 8.2mm ID, 1.8mm thick. Plug that it goes around has a diameter of 7.7mm.

I'm thinking both of those o-rings are -011s? Does that seat size match anything we know?

Well, just took apart the 950 and I'm honestly confused about how the balance chamber on this works. Bit the bullet and ordered Vance's book, which actually will be the most expensive part of my SCUBA gear.

Is the 950 an unbalanced upstream regulator?

Last edited:
Random eBay sellers seem to think it's balanced. Back to the textbook for me.

I suspect the XL's orifice o-ring is actually a -203. It leaks air with a -011 in it.

On the exploded view, there are three o-rings shown:
Part 0060-51 (FS63) that connects the hose to the 1st stage. I believe this is usually a -011?
Part 0060-02 (D162) that connects the hose to the 2nd stage.
Part 0060-01 (D161) that at both the o-ring and the plug.

Does anyone have a conversion chart?

Last edited:
1/2 x 5/16 x 3/32 was too fat, so the -203 certainly would be too.

I'm measuring the groove for it as 2.5mm x 7.8mm. It seems that, if anything, the 3/32 cross section would be small rather than too large, and 5/16 seems spot on (fits like it too). Could it be metric? It seems like the closest metric would be 2.5mm x 7mm?

I was able to download but when I print it out I get a grey background which makes it difficult to read. Do you know of any other site that has the Dacor Pacer 2nd stage
Thanks

I have a bunch of PDFs that people here have sent me. PM me an email address and I'll send them on.

That being said I think I'm gonna quit on my Dacor rig and give them away to someone who's gonna have the LDS service it. My LDS has some parts but naturally won't give them to me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom