Dacor 900-950xl users, chime in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was just wondering if there is any divers still using there older dacor regs.
since the Mares thing i know alot of faithful dacor users switched to other brands.
i still have my dacor 950xl i had it serviced last year and have only used it one time ,works good.

YES, some of us Ancient Pelicans still have our Dacor 950XL regulators and use them often. I traded in one old POS Dacor reg years ago on a new Mares Abyss and have been disappointed in the performance of the Abyss compared to my 1985 Dacor 950XL. The 950XL is still the easiest-breathing regulator that I have ever used, and I have been diving since 1958. I just got back from a dive trip to Aruba with it, and it still performs flawlessly. The last time that I had it serviced, the tech told me that the parts for it were really getting scarce, and I had better enjoy it while I can. I managed to find a guy selling brand new, old stock Dacor regulators on eBay two years ago, and bought three brand new in the box Dacor 960XL regs. I figure that between my current 950 and the three new 960s, I can keep myself going for years to come. Yeah, I'm an old fart, but the new stuff just is not the same quality as the old Dacor stuff.

Parts are not as scarce as some would have you believe. The internal Orings are all common parts, the HP diaphgram from pretty much any US Divers/AL will work and aftermarket HP seats are sold by trident. I rebuilt a 950 a while back for a friend of mine. Took me a little while to determine what the orings were but otherwise no problems. Your biggest problem is finding someone who is willing to do the work, doing it yourself is your best bet.

Good info! Thanks for the advice; will keep the Trident aftermarket idea in mind for the next overhaul.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom