D420 reg slow leak issue, or tiny freeflow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyFrog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Noticed it has small hissing sound after dive.
So next dive took it out of my mouse and yeah saw this:

(Purge button isn't being pushed, reg set to pre-dive)

Is this a common problem?
Plan to get it serviced soon, is there a phrase/term that described this?

Thanks!

took it out of my mouse and yeah saw this
This just makes me feel bad for the poor mouse! lol.

I would consider that a small free flow. I'm not a D-series guy, but on the adjustable regs I do use that would be caused by the seat taking a set (requiring a minor adjustment of the orifice) or the 1st stage IP going high (check with an IP guage to verify).

@rsingler and @lexvil would be a good source of answers on the 420 specifically.

Respectfully,

James

Pre-dive? That means pressure taken off, so it might leak...

So next dive took it out of my mouse and yeah saw this:

Perhaps your putting it into the "mouse" is the issue? I hope that the mouse is doing OK. It must be a very big mouse.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

1554-huge-mouse.jpg

Take a thin knife blade and gently pry up the decal on top.
Use a 5mm hex key and turn the hex fitting in the middle of where the decal was 1/12 turn (5 minutes on the clock). See if that fixes it.
If not, try 1/12 turn more.
If that doesn't work, then the lever is too high. A not uncommon problem, because the manual has (in my opinion) incorrect instructions on setting lever height. You should probably take it to your shop at that point.
If it works, just stick the decal back on.

The predive switch only affects this very slightly. Mostly it's a Venturi flow deflector.

Take a thin knife blade and gently pry up the decal on top.
Use a 5mm hex key and turn the hex fitting in the middle of where the decal was 1/12 turn (5 minutes on the clock). See if that fixes it.
If not, try 1/12 turn more.
If that doesn't work, then the lever is too high. A not uncommon problem, because the manual has (in my opinion) incorrect instructions on setting lever height. You should probably take it to your shop at that point.
If it works, just stick the decal back on.

The predive switch only affects this very slightly. Mostly it's a Venturi flow deflector.
What he said^^

it’s truly an easy fix once you know how, hopefully the shop guy knows how.

Not like to Air1 and D-300/350/400?

Back
Top Bottom