D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My free weekly River drift is shut down by the RCMP as it is in Canadian Waters and they have determined it to be illegal with the border closed... The other side of the Island (all US waters) is too stupid with boaters...

COVID cancelled a week in Curacao, and also Canceled a week in Tobermory of vacation dive trips.

One charter operator I use is Canadian (Lake Ontario and Huron), so can't get there...

Other charter operator (Lake Erie) is only doing bookings with shops, and it has not aligned to dive with them (plus time & money).

I have 1 dive so far this year.....

Sorry to hear that Bob, that sucks.

All this water and no diving.... :(

IMG_20200814_203912.jpg

:rant:

Well, I have the answer to one more small question: whether the D420 works as a necklaced octo. And the answer is absolutely YES!
Screenshot_20200815-133539_Gmail.jpg
After twelve dives both deep and shallow, inside wrecks and banging about in shallow surge, with bailout drill after bailout drill on a reg tuned slightly light to 0.9", I had exactly one brief freeflow. That occurred after leaving the reg in Dive, rather than predive, and giant striding in from 4' deck to surface. A quick thumb and problem over. The rest of this week has been absolutely trouble free. A quick rinse in the bucket when we got back to the dock, and it just sat on my bailout bottle til the next day. Zero maintenance. And it was so sweet having such an easy breather bailing out at 100'. Oh, and it was 2 min work with a 6mm hex key to switch it to left side hose!

When I get home, I'll stop by the LDS and pick up my two new sidemount Mk19/D420 sets. We'll have 1) two more pieces of data on how the D420 is tuned coming from the factory (and I'll have two more fresh decals pried off :D), and 2) I'll check on the two Mk19's and let you know what the IP swings are.

@axxel57, I've had ONE reg in 35 years with zero IP swing. It was an OLD beat-up Mares Abyss that my son and I refurbed during the lockdown. Same IP at 3000 and 300. Unfortunately, it was one of the first 1sts that we serviced together, so he then expected the same from everything else. Was quite a frustration for him to discover just how unusual good IP stability is.

Well, I have the answer to one more small question: whether the D420 works as a necklaced octo. And the answer is absolutely YES!
View attachment 604937
After twelve dives both deep and shallow, inside wrecks and banging about in shallow surge, with bailout drill after bailout drill on a reg tuned slightly light to 0.9", I had exactly one brief freeflow. That occurred after leaving the reg in Dive, rather than predive, and giant striding in from 4' deck to surface. A quick thumb and problem over. The rest of this week has been absolutely trouble free. A quick rinse in the bucket when we got back to the dock, and it just sat on my bailout bottle til the next day. Zero maintenance. And it was so sweet having such an easy breather bailing out at 100'. Oh, and it was 2 min work with a 6mm hex key to switch it to left side hose!

When I get home, I'll stop by the LDS and pick up my two new sidemount Mk19/D420 sets. We'll have 1) two more pieces of data on how the D420 is tuned coming from the factory (and I'll have two more fresh decals pried off :D), and 2) I'll check on the two Mk19's and let you know what the IP swings are.

@axxel57, I've had ONE reg in 35 years with zero IP swing. It was an OLD beat-up Mares Abyss that my son and I refurbed during the lockdown. Same IP at 3000 and 300. Unfortunately, it was one of the first 1sts that we serviced together, so he then expected the same from everything else. Was quite a frustration for him to discover just how unusual good IP stability is.

Let me know about those Mk19s! I'm curious as to how well they would work up here in Newfoundland. I've been using Mk25evo + G260. I've personally not had any problems but know a few people who have with free flow in the cold up here.
Most up here are using Apeks for their cold water reputation.

So, my little treasure box arrived today from Ohio! I am taken by the small-ish size of this reg. I have a MK-17 to pair it with, and that stage currently has a S600 on it. I think the D420 as a primary and the S600 on a necklace will be quite nice....

Now, if I could just get out diving...

So, my little treasure box arrived today from Ohio! I am taken by the small-ish size of this reg. I have a MK-17 to pair it with, and that stage currently has a S600 on it. I think the D420 as a primary and the S600 on a necklace will be quite nice....

Now, if I could just get out diving...
That would be a good combo, mine is lost in the delay system but I did get my Voit Navy from Ana.

Back
Top Bottom