D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More eye candy
Neat! Interesting to see schematically in that side view how the flap that hangs down from the orifice assembly, together with the raised channels in the back half of the case direct exhaled airflow toward the valve. Subtle improvements!

I didn't think that flap was anything more than a lever stop. Glad to see they thought this one out.

Neat! Interesting to see schematically in that side view how the flap that hangs down from the orifice assembly, together with the raised channels in the back half of the case direct exhaled airflow toward the valve. Subtle improvements!

I didn't think that flap was anything more than a lever stop. Glad to see they thought this one out.

I wonder how that changes the aerodynamics of the flow? Looks like it may create a small amount of turbulence. Deliberate?

My guess is that it's unavoidable turbulence, but better than letting exhaled air swirl around the case on its way to the exhaust valve. I imagine some form of chimney'ing like they designed into the new S620Ti exhaust tee is in play here, since they also redesigned the exhaust tee with that in mind. Kind of a low-flow Venturi action. I wish I were an engineer.
See the video here from three hundred posts ago, lol!
S620 Exhaust Tee

My guess is that it's unavoidable turbulence, but better than letting exhaled air swirl around the case on its way to the exhaust valve. I imagine some form of chimney'ing like they designed into the new S620Ti exhaust tee is in play here, since they also redesigned the exhaust tee with that in mind. Kind of a low-flow Venturi action. I wish I were an engineer.
See the video here from three hundred posts ago, lol!
S620 Exhaust Tee

Dang. You remind me. I have a brand new S620Ti that I’ve never used. Time to try it out?

Would love a comparison, especially on exhalation!

Will take into the pool this week and will let you know. Going to Cayman next month - I'll hook up a MK25 with the S, D and G and compare at depth. Should be fun.

Will take into the pool this week and will let you know. Going to Cayman next month - I'll hook up a MK25 with the S, D and G and compare at depth. Should be fun.

Can you please check for lever rattle under pressure when you get the chance, it's become an obsession. Cheers.

It’s funny they put so much into exhaust, I have never even noticed exhalation effort on a single hose reg, what I do notice is short exhaust not running bubbles out and clear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom