D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

102 pages is a lot to read through. How does the D420 work in atypical diving positions? It seems like they advertise it as such, but then I thought I read it's not actually much better than 109/250/260?

It sounds like 'atypical position breathing' isn't the reason to buy a D420 (from this thread). I was getting excited about a shiny new reg, but now I guess I can be excited about an $80 D400 :) I like my 109s/250s, just wish they were a bit better in odd positions as I like playing around in lava tubes.

I’m fairy new to diving and am considering buying my first regulator, as I’ve been renting up until now. My wife and I dive 2-3 times yearly while traveling, all in warm water. All for fun. I can now pick up the D420/Mk25 for a little over $600. Much of the discussion on this thread is WAY over my head, so let me pose a simple question to all you people who clearly know way more about this than I do: should I buy it? If not, other suggestions in this price range?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom