D420 adapter for normal hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah thanks for typing it up!!

As it turns out it's not that tight.

So I suspect the adapter part is just too lose to begin with.

I don't know the torque spec for that, but it has to be tighter than the hose connection torque or it will just separate again like it did if you try to take the hose off again in the future.

Hi! Sorry I'm late to this discussion.
A 6mm hex key is all you need to assemble the hose inlet. The correct torque setting is 44in-lb into the housing support. And as alluded to above, hoses aren't generally tightened more than 25 in-lb. That way, the hose will come loose first.

These might help:
D420 repair manual-modified
and schematic below

I use an angled adapter like the one in your picture, too. Great for using a 40" hose and running it up under your arm, instead of the standard hose routing. Much cleaner

Attachments

• D420 Rev 7_19.pdf
    599.2 KB · Views: 174
Hi! Sorry I'm late to this discussion.
A 6mm hex key is all you need to assemble the hose inlet. The correct torque setting is 44in-lb into the housing support. And as alluded to above, hoses aren't generally tightened more than 25 in-lb. That way, the hose will come loose first.

These might help:
D420 repair manual-modified
and schematic below

I use an angled adapter like the one in your picture, too. Great for using a 40" hose and running it up under your arm, instead of the standard hose routing. Much cleaner

Thank you so much sir!

For prosperity, this is where you put in your hex key:

PXL_20201205_233427291.jpg

So you use a long hose for primary, and another long hose for octo?

Would that be too much hose to travel with? :wink:

Yes, that's where the 6mm hex fits.

My aux second is on a 22" hose with necklace. Curls up just fine in my luggage.
I am "primary donate." Just search for that term, and you'll see a bazillion discussions here on SB.

Yes, that's where the 6mm hex fits.

My aux second is on a 22" hose with necklace. Curls up just fine in my luggage.
I am "primary donate." Just search for that term, and you'll see a bazillion discussions here on SB.

Thanks for the pointer

While this is my first time hearing the term, it seems my SSI training is indeed the "primary donate" approach where I give my primary when OOA happens.

So it seems I should also pick up the 40'' hose!

Just home from diving, everyone seems to have got you straightened out, you’re 1/2 way to hose direction change which is one of the cool things about these, running one of mine on a pony and the feed coming in on the other side is much easier.

Start here (since it has a picture) and work backward.
Where to put octo BP&W
Whether you dive a jacket bcd or BP/W, the same principles apply.

I use a 40 or 48" primary hose, and you'll get lots of advice. Take a piece of rope and figure out how you'll route it before you buy. Are you carrying a knife to tuck the excess under? Are you planning on tucking it under your bcd belt? Are you going to use a little pull away hose clip attached to a low bcd ring? Lots of options.

Then go here to learn how to make a necklace from some 3/16" bungee cord at your hardware store.

Cheers! Have fun and don't hesitate to ask questions from your brethren here on Scubaboard!

Do you always have to make us jealous? :poke:
well the conditions weren't very good but may not get the chance again for who know how long with the new stay at home order.

Judging by the filth on his hose fitting it's never coming off first

Back
Top Bottom