D1 Hybrid dry suit information requested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tusa, I'm hope you are having a very nice Thanksgiving! Let's face it - no matter how bad things get, there is always something...or someone...to give thanks for/to...

So, I am on your website and a little frustrated.

I went to your screen titled "SIZE CHART", which linked to a page called "How to measure your body". This page has 8 measurements, 9 if you count that item 7 has two parts. This page links to a page called "Body Measurement Guide", which has 16 measurements, but does NOT include one on the previous page!

Okay, no problem, just take a deep breath and go with it. So I take all the 16 measurements on the second page, PLUS the one not included...and I'm done, right?

Well, I cannot find any drysuit sizing chart anywhere! I mean, I have all my measurements, but I cannot find a chart that says I should order this size or that size, depending on my measurements!

So I am laughing out loud (LOL), since I am all excited about a possible purchase, I am looking at the suit tomorrow but have no clue what size I should order or even what sizes are available!

Since this is a relatively small problem in the big picture (life), I'm not getting too bent (bad choice of words) out of shape over it. But maybe, if you get a chance, you can just direct me to where the suit sizes chart is located?

Thanks, and again, I hope you, your family, and scuba divers everywhere a healthy and loving Thanksgiving!

Okay...post Thankgsgiving update. I found the size chart on the Waterproof USA website. Maybe that's where I should have been going all along?

I bought the D1 hybrid on Friday. I'm sitting here with the registration card...and...there is no place on the Waterproof website to register my purchase!

What a bummer! That's the difference between a good website and one that stinks! No problem, I'll figure out something.

Tusa, I'd like very much to be notified when the integrated gloves are available. How can I make sure that I will be notified?

NJMIKE - I'd be interested to hear how you get on with this suit. I bought mine and collected it Friday last week. I did a pool dive on Monday evening and my first impressions are good, I'm new to drysuit diving so have nothing to compare it to, but it was comfortable and once I got used to the bouyancy control found it very comfortable and easy to use. I went to the UK importers premises to try before I bought and I ended up with one size smaller than the charts suggested I should need based on my measurements, and that was testing it with the Waterproof bodyzor undersuit which I bought with it.

Phil, I am new to drysuits also. This is my first. I won't get to try it until early April, most likely. I am now getting ready to install a pee valve. Also, Waterproof is saying that they will have integrated dry gloves coming out in 2012. I'll be looking for those, too.

Good luck with yours!

guys, this is a rather old thread, i know,

however,

i just ordered my d1, actually one size down from waterproof's chart recommendation,
M/L instead of L, which feels a tad tight, but the L felt rather bulky in store.

are you satisfied with the suit? any problems you had by now?
post a few words if you please...

thank you

Overseas, there are more threads under "Waterproof" as that is the supplier here in the US. Wrist seals seem to be a problem with this suit. There is a long thread in the Waterproof section. Waterproof has been good as far as trying to help resolve the leaks, but the last time I tried I still had the problem. My dive season was cut short by hurricane Sandy here in NJ, and I will try a pair of dry gloves with the suit next season.

thanks, i' ll check it out...
the local dealer said the 2013 seals are improved, plus a friend with a 2012 version says he's dry alright...
i'll have to wait & see, i guess

My D1 Waterproof just showed up at my doorstep moments ago. Tried it on and it looks and fits nicely. Will report back when I get it wet.
The removable internal mesh makes it trap insulating air for a more uniform thickness and likely requires less inflation air to keep yourself warm. Just by looking I can see how it works and I expect good things.

My D1 Waterproof just showed up at my doorstep moments ago. Tried it on and it looks and fits nicely. Will report back when I get it wet.The removable internal mesh makes it trap insulating air for a more uniform thickness and likely requires less inflation air to keep yourself warm. Just by looking I can see how it works and I expect good things.
i am curious how your weighting changed with this suit vs a typical bag suit.

Back
Top Bottom