D1 Hybrid dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay, I know Waterproof is coming out with dry gloves for the D1 Hybrid drysuit.

But does anyone know when?

The dry gloves and ring system are not expected to be available until mid-2012. Any additional updates or information will be posted.

Ok, thanks.

I was hoping to have them by April. I'll have to come up with another plan.

Happy new year to all!

Great news! I just finished my first weekend with the D1 Hybrid. Total of 5 dives, but both days BOTH of my sleeves leaked water. My undergarment sleeves were both completely wet up just past the elbow. I tried several things to figure it out, but was unsuccessful. My next test is to make sure the wrist seal does not leak where it connects to the suit itself.

So bring on those dry gloves! If you have any ideas about my leaks, throw them out too!

---------- Post added May 8th, 2012 at 08:31 PM ----------

I did a dunk test and there were no leaks. Maybe it is the channels formed by flexing the tendons in the wrist. It just seems like a lot for that.

I'm confused. The post above says that the gloves are being demo'd but there is no info on either the Waterproof or Tusa site.

Theres another post above with a YouTube link but there is nothing that says it's a Waterproof dry glove system.

So...is there a Waterproof dry glove system that is being demo'd or not? If there is, where can I find info on it and when will it be available for purchase?

After 2 more days of diving I have not resolved the wrist leakage issue. I'm going to remove and replace the wrist seals as my next option.

But I'm still waiting for the dry glove info! :)

HI-
Let's clarify what Michael is posting - the products that will be shown and dived in Canada are SI TECH products. SI TECH has developed along with Waterproof Sweden, an oval ring system and dry gloves. This SI TECH system is compatible with the D1 and D7 drysuits, however, they are SI TECH not Waterproof. Waterproof has not yet made available their own version of a dry glove for the ISS - they are still in development. There is no price, or ETA on either of these items at this time.

Hey, thanks for clearing that up.

At least I know that there is another option out there (SI Tech dry gloves). I am not in an immediate hurry and would like to see what Waterproof comes out with. Although both of my sleeves still leak, I am still trying to figure out why. I am going to remove and replace the wrist seals this week. Even though I did not feel any water during the dunk tests I did, there have been two times that I felt like water got into the sleeves IMMEDIATELY after putting my hands in the water before a dive.

I don't know if I will see anything by doing this, but at least I will get some practice with replacing the seals in case I ever tear one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom