Cyprus dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antmany2k

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi,
i have 2 questions, i am off to Cyprus in September for 8 days to dive the Zenobia and would like to know from those who have done it how many dives they would recommend to do on it as it is such a big wreck.

secondly are there any other good dive sites around the area? the dive operaters offer several differnt wrecks, a couple of shallow caves and a few reefs but just wondered if any one on here had done them and could recommend some to do or to avoid.

thanks

thanks for the reply. I read those from the search function before posting this thread. neither thread says anything in depth about zenobia or anything at all about any dive sites other than the zenobia wreck

I did a week's diving in Cyprus a couple of years back including a mixture of 6 tech and rec dives on the Zenobia. To be honest in hindsight I'd have preferred another couple of days on the Z as the other sites weren't that interesting. The deepest part of the wreck (can't remember if it's port or starboard) lies on its side at about 42m so if you're tech qualified you've got more dive options, but there still still plenty within AOW range.

I read those from the search function before posting this thread. neither thread says anything in depth about zenobia or anything at all about any dive sites other than the zenobia wreck
Sorry, I didn't want to imply that you didn't search first for answers.
When I saw your OP asking about Cyprus I remembered the other 2 threads and mentioned them to you in case they might help you. I haven't even read them as I haven't been and I don't plan to visit/dive Cyprus any time soon.
Regards

We did a few days in Cyprus a little while back. Unfortunately the weather wasn't good enough to do Zenobia. The boats will not go out if it's blowing from a certain direction. We did shore dives instead. They were great. There isn't really a "reef", nor an abundance of wildlife, but the underwater rock formations, arches, and swimthroughs are fantastic. Most of the sites we did were near or in the British base area, and average about 45 feet. Some of the entrances and exits were a little dicey as the waves can really pound the rocky ledges and shores, but it was a great experience. We went out with Viking divers. Good people!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom