Cypress Springs 7-22-6 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics all. CS is one of the prettiest springs out there. Wish we had better access.

Deco bottle? Deco bottle?

I'm all trimmed out to dive with the pony, and it'd be such a pain to have to swap it out for a weight. Okay, maybe I'm also almost a little OCD, and once I get in a habit, the inertia is amazing. I believe I was the only person in my NAUI Master Scuba Diver course who wore a pony to the pool session. :D

As for the reel... Well, um, it's just so much fun to shoot bags. (The 50# lift bag is on my right tucked in its sleeve beside the tank. You can just make out the white blur of the print on the side.)

jviehe:
Wish we had better access.

Not me, the way it is keeps the diver traffic down immensely.

bennedc:
Here's that tincan everybody's talking about...
DSC04766.jpg

Wow.... check out the "lounge chair" of a boat chair on that other Cypress "boat of doom"

that belong to one of the SB dive crew of the "top floating" locals?

The lounge boat was there before I showed up (as the first SBer to the ramp, apparently). It seems a bit high over the center of gravity to be a useful gearing-up seat, anyway.

(Hehe, you can see my PFD on the Bayou Marshmallow in the background. I betcha I was also the only one among us wearing a PFD on the trip up and down the river. [See what I mean about habits?])

ClayJar:
(Hehe, you can see my PFD on the Bayou Marshmallow in the background. I betcha I was also the only one among us wearing a PFD on the trip up and down the river. [See what I mean about habits?])

Its law to have enough on board for the amount of people you have in the boat, but its not the law to wear em :wink:

Is it legal to cut off the tags in BC pockets that say, "This ain't no PFD, ya fool! Yo momma wouldn' approve..." and then tell the water police that it's a self-inflating PFD with a very large inflation reserve, in case of perforation by sharp river objects?

Just wondering...

I brought 2 PFDs, one under each seat. I had one all ready for kch.

I love the capture of MDB running away from PHD in this pic :rofl2:

DSC04781.jpg

The story I heard was that some one was a mean taskmaster and so-called slave labor was making a break for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom