Cypress Spring departure point?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, assuming my canoe passes hydro, I'm thinking about visiting Cypress soon (maybe this weekend). I was just wondering if anyone can tell me where to put my canoe in. I can only find exceedingly vague descriptions online, and I didn't come up with anything searching ScubaBoard. Google Earth is great for pinning down coordinates, but it's not much help for finding boat launches, apparently.

The photos and all from Cypress certainly make it look like it's worth a bit of air, and if some of my Baton Rouge dive buddies do decide to dive Morrison this Saturday (jury's still out), it'd be fun to head up early to dive Cypress Friday, but obviously, it'd be nice to know where to put in before I head out. :D

Here are some pictures that may help:

cypress1.jpg

cypress2.jpg

cypress3.jpg

Ah, yes. That's perfect.

Now that the coordinates for the ramp are in my GPS receiver to go along with all my spring, jetty, lake, quarry, and shore dive waypoints, I just have to get the canoe over to my parents' pool tonight to make sure it floats and can handle the dive gear. :wink:

The name of the road that turns off of 277, is Culpepper Ln :) Dunno if that helps you now that you have GPS.

When are you going?

Don't really know when. It depends on whether any of J.'s family decides to trek out from Baton Rouge to dive (in which case, I'll probably dive Morrison or wherever they are, although I somehow doubt they'll make as many dives as my standard day).

If they don't head over, I'll probably dive Morrison on Saturday and pick up Cypress sometime Sunday morning or so. Another Baton Rouge diver I know is going with his daughter on her checkout dives out of PCB, and they might drop by Morrison to de-salt Sunday afternoon. If J.'s family isn't around, I could just dive Cypress in the morning and then meet up with them.

J.'s dad sounded as if a Morrison trip is going to happen, but her mom was still undecided due to her two sisters' work schedules... still, I'll likely dive Morrison this Saturday regardless. Alabama Blue Water on Friday, down to Morrison on Saturday, and possibly Cypress on Sunday, all subject to change from the road. (Now that J.'s in Japan, I have no reason not to just sit back and let scheduling take care of itself, although with a little planning, I could probably end up meeting some more SBers before Vortoberfest.)

[Editor's Note: Asking ClayJar a simple question, like "When are you going?", almost *never* gets a simple answer.]

ClayJar:
Alabama Blue Water on Friday, down to Morrison on Saturday, and possibly Cypress on Sunday, all subject to change from the road. (Now that J.'s in Japan, I have no reason not to just sit back and let scheduling take care of itself, although with a little planning, I could probably end up meeting some more SBers before Vortoberfest.)

[Editor's Note: Asking ClayJar a simple question, like "When are you going?", almost *never* gets a simple answer.]

Check out North FL's Trips Subforum, we're planning a trip to Cypress(Morrison?) this Saturday.

There is a sign pointing to a boat launch. Its called Culpepper Lane anyway.

jviehe:
So, just turn left when you see a big white circle with 277 on it on the ground?
It actually stands up so you can see it from the driver's seat. I almost hit that thing trying to make a turn there - they really need to make it smaller :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom