Cylinder Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LobstaMan

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently have two steel 72s. Love 'em, but it seems I've outgrown them. I'll keep them for back-ups, but I am considering new steel cylinders. What brand and size would you folks recommend? I like the PST new E8 series especially the 119s and 100s. Recreational cold water diver(still wet) looking to go a little deeper and a little longer. No tech considerations. Probably will switch from yolk to DIN. Willing to spend the $$$ for quality cylinders that will last for years. Thanks.

LobstaMan

If you're going to go for such a large tank then you might be better off in terms of trim and balance to go with a twin set. Maybe twinning up your 72's is the way to go.

R..

I absolutly LOVE the E7-100 for recreational stuff.

More than enough gas to go to NDL with nitrox in the 70-100 foot range with plenty to spare.

Diver0001:
If you're going to go for such a large tank then you might be better off in terms of trim and balance to go with a twin set. Maybe twinning up your 72's is the way to go.

R..
I agree, I used to dive a single steel 120 for those long marathon dives but decided to double a couple of 72s. They were better balanced, more air, easier to blend nitrox in and I still have them. One was made in 1960 and is still like new inside. Try it you might like it.

Back
Top Bottom