Suggestion Cycling Subforum Would be So Great

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Cacia

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I notice there are a lot of cyclists here on SB. I realize you cannot have a subforum for everything, but if enough people expressed interest, could we consider it?

We could put it under Fitness/ Conditioning, of course...

Or would be just starting a post be the same thing?

What an interesting observation! i'm going to have to ride my bike a lot more!

Currently my SAC is about .45- .5.

How about starting a thread in the fitness section?

Depending on the amount of interest, things could always be re-evaluated.

yes, that is what I have been doing. We have a surprising number of bike owners...
(at least I was surprised). Okay, I will continue doing that. I was not sure if I should continually start new threads or just revive an old one...

Well, I don't really have any concerns about adding this since others are interested... but doesn't it open up SCUBABoard to the possibility of subforums on rock climbing, snowboarding, fencing and aerobic love making? On second thought...

Can I have a driving my car subforum :popcorn:

I want the watching tv:popcorn: as exercise forum. Also would be interested in seeing a forum along the lines of Dr Bills last suggestion:D . We could call it "Doing It Fun" for fitness.

I heard once of a couple of divers who brought tricycles with them on a dive to a local cargo ship wreck, so they could have a race on the deck. I think a cycling subforum would be a great place for that sort of thing.

Seriously though, if you want to post about something bicycle related, I think a thread in the fitness forum would be sufficient. If those fitness threads about cycling get to be so numerous that the need for a cycling sub-forum becomes undeniable, maybe then it would be a good idea. There might be a lot of divers who ride, but there are a lot of divers who do a lot of things, and I don't think most of those things warrant a special area for discussion on scubaboard beyond umbrella forums like "fitness" or "non-diving related".

Back
Top Bottom