Cycling accident - get well soon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad you are feeling so little pain and so much energy! Yep, I think the REEF courses would be an outstanding idea, since you HAVE to find something to keep you busy - and relatively still...
Great to hear that your care has been fine, too.

Parade on a backboard. Only you, Deb. Only you. :doh:

Deb, Diane and I were shocked when we read the news. Please get well soon so you can continue the good work that you do. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Sorry it was you. Something good will happen to balance this. Hopefully we'll see you soon. Harry & Diane

WOW!! I was shocked to see this! Haven't met you (yet) Deb, but I'm always amazed at all the good works you do for so many on Coz .... Here's wishing you a a quick recovery and lots of island friends to keep you entertained! (And possibly from you getting up out of bed!! lol!)

Deb so sorry to hear! Glad to know you're "OK" and it wasn't worse, take care and hope you have a speedy recovery!
89-143-thickbox.jpg

Glad to hear you aren't in a lot of pain! Mine was excruciating within 5-10 hours and litteraly made me gasp for breath and almost cry every time I stood up for several months lol! So sounds like you may not have a severe one! I think the only REAL danger with it is if you have a dislocation or a complete break they are worried about the bone moving and cutting a main artery or something that routes through that neighborhood......so sounds like you may be good to go! My neurosurgeon buddy told me that as long as I could handle the pain, I could do pretty much anything as there is virtually no way other than not moving to treat the stupid thing!

Wishing you well!!!!!

This is a test... you have to be still and heal!! Haha. Time to kick back (well, not kick) and read, surf the web and RELAX. Reef classes sound great! Are you being attended by Clinica San Miguel? This will pass..... Hugs...CC

Deb, I've seen you pedaling around in town many,many times, you usually look like your on a mission. Take it easy though, you'll heal quicker. Be well.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm coming down is a few weeks, if there is anything I can bring down for you I would be happy to help out.

Best wishes David.

:confined: Get out of the jar!

Everyday things -- like carrying water from the garrafon to anywhere, cooking, feeding the cat & scooping litter, watering plants, and taking out the garbage are impossible. Friends and visitors have been a godsend in so many ways! If you're in the area, please stop by. (I won't necessarily put you to work.)

Christine - I did a self-assessment & decided that the Cozumel International Clinic (the chamber on 5) best suited my condition. I didn't need trauma care, had to go somewhere with an x-ray and thought that hospitalization was a possibility -- I thought that I'd injured the hip. That clinic has nice private rooms with meals from El Coffee (Coffee Bean). When the x-ray came back, the attending physician called the clinic's consulting orthopedist -- he came quickly & became my doctor. The staff took care of everything seamlessly, including the insurance claim. Sent me home with my prescriptions, doctor's instructions, & complete medical record -- all in English -- plus all of the medications and a pair of crutches.

Back
Top Bottom