Cycling accident - get well soon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ddeborahdelamar (aka Deb Bollag), a local Coz visitor, Aqua Safari Diver, Red Cross fundraiser, friend to the chamber, fish identifier and counter, among many other things, had a cycling accident on Monday. Wiped out on her bicycle on Melgar and fractured her pelvis. She is doing house time now for the next month at least. Please use this thread to send her your regards. I have her permission to post this information!

Last edited:
Since it is now public, OH my gosh, poor Deb. She is just such a trouper. She asked us to get the bike and didn't even mention she was hurt.

Best wishes for a QUICK recovery. Locals probably should go watch her because I can't see her staying still for a month!!

That's bad news. Just saw her about 10 days ago. GET WELL SOON. I know how hard it is to be confined but sometimes it's necessary.

Larry & Debbie.

Oh wow, get well soon.....but don't expect too!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Having fractured my pelvis in....08 or 09 - I can vouch for it being a L O O O N G recovery time....ie: years. :( Took me to 2011 to be pretty much pain free while sitting!

Feel free to PM me Deb and I will answer any questions you may have! Good luck and lay STILL!

Wishing you the speediest recovery possible. Sue

Deb! :surprised I gasped reading the news - can't imagine your being that still! But please do be so you will heal soon.
Hope you are resting comfortably and have someone waiting on you hand and foot.
I know your work will be missed while you are mending.

I'll be keeping you in my heart and watching for news of your ongoing recovery!
:rose:
Sallye

Thanks to all of you for your nice posts & good wishes.

I think I was very lucky as there's no dislocation (need to check this with Brules) and barely any pain. Yes, it's already very difficult for me to stay still and I feel like I could get up and walk unassisted but, of course, I won't. I am counting days until I can leave the house: 4 down, 24 to go. Well, there's no way I'm staying home for the Red Cross parade even if I have to ride in the ambulance, strapped to a backboard!

This is my first experience as a patient in Mexico and I want to let you all know that it's been very, very good so far.

Should I offer some very deeply discounted REEF Fish ID courses during the next 4 weeks?!

Hasta Luego!

-Deb

Back
Top Bottom