Cutting the hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poball

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! I'm new to dir and i just bought an apeks 1st and 2nd and an spg.I've also purchased a 6' hose with the regulator primary.However, as you know, the inflator hose and the regulator hose for the bungeed backup are too long. I want to cut them to the desired length (want to avoid using an adapter for the 22" backup). However, oif i cut em, i wouldn't know how to attach the fitting back to the hose.Can anyone help me?

Also, (although it's too late because i already bought em), is it okay to have apeks atx200's on both my primary and backup 2nd stages, or does the backup have to be a lower model (like atx100,50 or 40)?

You would need a new sleeve and the proper equipment to swage the new fitting onto the hose. A good hardware store will have one, a great hardware store will actually let you use it.

However a safer bet may be to just get a hose of the correct lenght at your LDS. They can also order custom lenght hoses through trident.

I am a firm beleiver in your backup being every bit as good as your primary and no, it won't cause any problems.

The cost of buying tools and such to put a new fitting on after you cut the hose would far outweight the cost of a new hose. It will be cheaper and easier to just get a new hose the right length.

As for the regs, that is fine.

Advisable to get the dive shop to help fix it for you. :b_cowboy: 11:
demage mine while trying to fix it

I agree on the seconds. Nothing wrong with having the same type for both. Mine are the same.
On the hoses, I think you would be better off just buying new hoses. The low pressure hoses are not expensive & you have NO IDEA what you are getting into trying to replace the end on one you cut.

James

kityip:
Advisable to get the dive shop to help fix it for you. :b_cowboy: 11:
demage mine while trying to fix it

I think that'll be best too.thanks kityip.

teknitroxdiver:
The cost of buying tools and such to put a new fitting on after you cut the hose would far outweight the cost of a new hose. It will be cheaper and easier to just get a new hose the right length.

As for the regs, that is fine.

Well said well said.Thanks!

DA Aquamaster:
You would need a new sleeve and the proper equipment to swage the new fitting onto the hose. A good hardware store will have one, a great hardware store will actually let you use it.

However a safer bet may be to just get a hose of the correct lenght at your LDS. They can also order custom lenght hoses through trident.

I am a firm beleiver in your backup being every bit as good as your primary and no, it won't cause any problems.

Yup I think i'm better off buying new hoses.Thanks! What is that in your picture? It looks like a rebreather attached to a tank?

Whitelightnin:
I agree on the seconds. Nothing wrong with having the same type for both. Mine are the same.
On the hoses, I think you would be better off just buying new hoses. The low pressure hoses are not expensive & you have NO IDEA what you are getting into trying to replace the end on one you cut.

James

Yup I think I'm better off buying new ones. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom