Cutting Coral and Fish Picture Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Kathy,

There is a lot of good information on this board and as you can see there are a lot of members who care very much about the marine environment. Hopefully you can get past this initiation and find it as useful and informative as I have.

gfisher4792:
Well, some good came out of your posted pics; it galvanized quite of few of our members for a good cause, some measures were taken to rectify the problem, and you discovered this great board. There's lots to see here. Enjoy!

I'll say. A post and 72, now make it 73 replies, in about 15 hours. That's gotta be some sort of record! ;^)

Rescue Diver68:
Welcome Kathy,

There is a lot of good information on this board and as you can see there are a lot of members who care very much about the marine environment. Hopefully you can get past this initiation and find it as useful and informative as I have.

This is true but maybe some people could ask questions before they start bashing someone about something. I care about the marine environment just as much as anyone else but find it wrong to bash someone until I ask them a few questions first. That would of been the right thing to do.

Kathy

Welcome to the board Kathy, great of you to join us and give your side of the story. We discuss lots of things here and it's very interesting and most often entertaining. Yes we do get into some interesting, and at times heated discussions but it's all good.

I think posting your pictures was a good thing, it is proof to Martin how some of his DM's are conducting themselves. It seems to be an on going event if you search through some of the older posts. Yes, we do get excited about these type of pictures but that's because we care about what goes on under the waves, if people continue to do things like this they will ruin it for all the divers and dive operators in Cozumel not just Martin.

I think taking the picture was a bad thing, I know it was a new camera and all but it only encourages the DM's to continue this type of behaviour, I think we can forgive you, as long as it doesn't happen again though. :wink:

This thread also shows how fast and well the web works when we all work together, Rescue Diver68 brought it to our attention and it was helpful having someone like Christi down in Cozumel to actually go and talk with Martin firsthand.

Hope you stick around but be careful, it can get addicting at times. :D

Kathy who was touching that jelly in Virgin Gorda?

scubacoz22:
This is true but maybe some people could ask questions before they start bashing someone about something. I care about the marine environment just as much as anyone else but find it wrong to bash someone until I ask them a few questions first. That would of been the right thing to do.

Kathy

Now Kathy, those pictures showed something very wrong as you have admitted. And there were plenty of members of your group involved in the improper handling of the marine life. The DM was obviously the ring leader. BUT! You guys knew it was wrong so you shouldn't have done it and now you want to say we should have consulted with you before bashing. I don't think so and I am glad you posted the album so it could be seen and taken care of. If you feel as though you are bearing the blame and bashing then I am sorry.

Kathy we can forgive you. I hope it never happens again. It was hard for any of us to understand how anyone could take 7 or more photos and not know it was wrong.
Anyway, it's over now. Thanks for coming on the board. Since you deleted the photos no one else can see how bad this was. Hence closing the thread and eventually pulling it off the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom