Cutting Coral and Fish Picture Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
parrotheaddiver:
I know they do underwater video for customers doing 5 day pkg. I wonder if any of this is caught on video and does Martin do the editing? Surely he would see this happening.
I've got one of those video's and no there is not any touching or grabbing or poking in the videos.

parrotheaddiver:
Now I'm curious if it was actually one rogue dm or several that work for Martin.
Actually it is really not that uncommon in Coz. When I dove with Sand Dollar the DM did the exact same thing with a puffer fish on a night dive. I've seen several dive ops who completely ignore divers wearing gloves.

James

An excerpt from that log:
" He ventured out towards us and swam around us. I have a picture of him (it) getting too close to a fellow diver, she was near his ledge when she swam away the eel followed her, she stuck out her fin to stop him (it) from coming any closer to her. The eel had already brushed against her arm as she swam away from his ledge! This was a really nice dive, almost no current. The last time we dove Tormentos, there was a medium-strong current, but not this day! Later in this dive we encountered a regular size Spotted Moray eel. This eel was also sort of aggressive! And so were most of the large Gray Angelfish! Is the moon having an affect on the ocean and the marine life right now? (We had a full moon on the 2nd of July!)"
" At the plane I'm trying to take pictures and I'm attacked by ferocious biting machines, known as Damselfish! Those little buggers are vicious!! "

It seems they can molest the fish but when the fish molest back it is a bad thing...

Joe

Sideband:
An excerpt from that log:

It seems they can molest the fish but when the fish molest back it is a bad thing...

Joe

I say, just arm the fish and let them defend themselves when harassed..........

Natasha:
I think that would make it easier to find them and make a phone call. I'm willing to call Kathy and explain to her why this is wrong. Maybe even invite her to the board to learn the right way to dive.
Do you think this is a good idea?

No need to call I am here, someone invited me. First of all those pictures were taken in 2001 and it was our first attempt to taking underwater pictures. Our dive master was the one picking up the crabs etc and handing them to the different divers so we took pictures. We would of never done that one our own and never have since then either because no other Dive masters would of approved of it. If you look at my other pictures from our last dive trip in July to the Virgin Islands you will notice there are no pictures like those in there. I should of never posted the cozumel ones in the first place but i just took the whole album and downloaded it without even looking or reviewing it. Whis was wrong for me to do. We have been diving Cozumel for 14 years now and this is the first time I have ever seen a Dive Master actually had over a underwater animal to a diver. We just started snapping pictures. I have since gotten rid of all those pictures in the album so no one else will think it is right to do those things. Sorry guys, Just wasnt thinking when i posted them. But believe me we do know the right way to dive . We just happen to be the one taking pictures and since it was our first real attempt at photography we just snapped away.

Kathy

Welcome to the Board, Kathy. Glad you could join us.

scubacoz22:
No need to call I am here, someone invited me. First of all those pictures were taken in 2001 and it was our first attempt to taking underwater pictures. Our dive master was the one picking up the crabs etc and handing them to the different divers so we took pictures. We would of never done that one our own and never have since then either because no other Dive masters would of approved of it. If you look at my other pictures from our last dive trip in July to the Virgin Islands you will notice there are no pictures like those in there. I should of never posted the cozumel ones in the first place but i just took the whole album and downloaded it without even looking or reviewing it. Whis was wrong for me to do. We have been diving Cozumel for 14 years now and this is the first time I have ever seen a Dive Master actually had over a underwater animal to a diver. We just started snapping pictures. I have since gotten rid of all those pictures in the album so no one else will think it is right to do those things. Sorry guys, Just wasnt thinking when i posted them. But believe me we do know the right way to dive . We just happen to be the one taking pictures and since it was our first real attempt at photography we just snapped away.

Kathy

I think your acknowledgement that you don't approve and know it's wrong, as well as your removal of the pictures will make alot of people happier around here! Thank you!

Now considering that it was so long ago, I hope the wrong DM wasn't let go over this. Do you happen to remember his name?

Although....Martin claims that the DM he let go admitted so much, so I guess he was guilty as well!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Hope you'll stick around, this is actually a great board!

scubacoz22:
Thanks Neil seems some people are too fast to Judge others. I know i never should of posted those pictures now, but at the time just didnt think it through. Kathy

Well, some good came out of your posted pics; it galvanized quite of few of our members for a good cause, some measures were taken to rectify the problem, and you discovered this great board. There's lots to see here. Enjoy!

Christi:
I think your acknowledgement that you don't approve and know it's wrong, as well as your removal of the pictures will make alot of people happier around here! Thank you!

Now considering that it was so long ago, I hope the wrong DM wasn't let go over this. Do you happen to remember his name?

Although....Martin claims that the DM he let go admitted so much, so I guess he was guilty as well!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Hope you'll stick around, this is actually a great board!

No I dont remember his name, and again no i do not approve of this kind of thing at all thats why i did remove the pictures.
My husband and I love diving and would never do anything to hurt the coral or marine life. Kathy
Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom