Cutaneous DCS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H,mmmm. I haven't used a weight belt on my last 16 dives as I have a new BCD with built in weight pockets. Also ,the real bad attack was on the top of my thighs and around my lower back. . Red and itchy with vivid purple areas like bruising. VERY sore. Was gone after about 3 hours but still felt bruised.

Check these out.

IMG_0694[1].jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

These were taken about 2 hours after a double dive.

My wife gets the skin bends symptoms as described by Heg on our fourth straight day of mulitiple dives. Doesn't matter if we do one dive a day or 3 dives a day, on the afternoon of the fourth consecutive day, about 2-3 hours after we finish diving, she gets the symptoms on her abdomen right after she showers. Has happened on three trips now; one when we dove once a day; one when we dove twice a day; and one when we dove three times a day. Our plan now is to dive two or three days in a row, take a day off, then repeat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom