cut off signatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I tried to adjust my sig today and noticed that it was sliced in half lengthwise after a few lines. I noticed this around the board too. What's up?

see below

a new feature added to halt those people with huge sig lines. (> than 4 lines)

Yup, there is now auto-software stuff that enforces the 4 line limit. Even a too large font will cause part to be cut off.

Reduce your font, use the whole line instead of separate lines or toss out unnecessary words to make it fit :) You can still get a lot in there!

alcina:
Yup, there is now auto-software stuff that enforces the 4 line limit. Even a too large font will cause part to be cut off.

Reduce your font, use the whole line instead of separate lines or toss out unnecessary words to make it fit :) You can still get a lot in there!

Alcina, the funny part is that the last line in your sig is cut off on my display! :D I thought maybe it was a browser issue. Glad to know what the cause is. Thanks.

alcina:
Really? Maybe it is a browser issue then as I can see my entire sig and most other people's just fine in firefox. Only when they are way bigger than four lines do I only see part of it!

I'm running Firefox 2.0 and it is just the very bottom part of your fourth line that is cut off. Most of the line is visible to me. Anyone else seeing her sig partially cut off as well?

RichKirby:
I'm running Firefox 2.0 and it is just the very bottom part of your fourth line that is cut off. Most of the line is visible to me. Anyone else seeing her sig partially cut off as well?
Nope. Alcina's is totally legal and looks fine.

Harry's is technically in violation with 5 lines, but fits the software enforcement of as he used small enough fonts - fit's the intent of the rule, I think. :thumb:

It's not so much a browser issue, but it's a screen resolution issue.

If you're old fashioned, and have 800x600 screen resolution, you'll see more stuff cut off, than if you're new and wide screen with 1440 X 900 (or anything over 1024 wide for that matter) :wink:

Back
Top Bottom