Cut/Finish 2 inch webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divepilot

Registered
Reaction score
I'm rigging a harness and need to cut and finish the 2 inch webbing. Does anyone have a good way to make a neat cut and finish the end?

New razor blade and a cigarette lighter

Hallmac

a VERY sharp pair of scissors (Fiskars) and finish with a lighter.

Looks and works good.

I just replaced my webbing on my primary plate; it was getting a bit ratty.

I also clip the corners of the ends. Makes it easier to thread the ends through the buckle.

I got a neat tip from my instructor to use a soldering iron with a flat blade tip. Looks sort of like an exacto knife on the end of a soldering iron. Well, Im lazy so I just use a pair of sisscors and a match.
Tekkie

Thanks for the help, just what I needed. Guess I put the Rambo knife away and look for a razor blade.

Cut it flat, snip off the corners.

To finish the edge warm up your stove nice and hot and use the burrner to melt down the end into a v. This locks down the fibers better than a lighter and makes a nice sharp strong end which is easy to thread.

1) sharp scissors

2) "round" the edges a bit to ease threading the buckle

3) seal with a flame from one of those handy dandy propane-
torches (matches/lighters do not have a hot enough flame to
seal it quickly and well)

Cut the webbing with scissors, and finish it with a soldering iron with a smoothing tip.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom