Custom wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cinching up a baggy westuit is not the road to thermal protection. If it's working it's because the water is warm.

Pete

CrazyScuba:
If the Hyperstretch is a little big around the waist, remember, you'll have a BCD on with a cummerbund that will tighten things up around the waist. We have a 6' 5" skinny as a rail DM in a Hyperstretch and he loves it. I believe he is in a large long.

Good luck!

Britt :fish:
:fish:

Tripod:
thanks for the info guys.
Yeah i got it kind of tough. 6'4, 32" waist, skinny chicken legs (according my exgirlfriend) and broad shoulders. whatever i tried off the rack was too loose in one place and too tight in another.

I am leaning towards JMJ right now since I am planning on doing most of my 7mm diving in California waters and it's local and am told that they specialize in suits for california diving. The price seems pretty reasonable (~$330, about the same as a hendersen) and they said they would have it ready in 3 weeks.

I recently became dry suit certified, but had a really tough time maintaining my buoyancy with a dry suit (maybe i just suck and am inexperienced with it), and plus I don't really want to commit the funds for a dry suit yet, nor do I dive often enough to make it really worth it (once a month maybe).

I plan on getting an off the rack 3mm for my tropical diving. I figure the fit isn't as important since the warmth won't be factoring in as much as the protective aspect. anyone have experience with that Oneill tropical explorer suit i see in there website?
You'll be happy with your suit, if other's reports are any indication.

From all I've read, it takes quite a while to get really comfortable diving in a drysuit (from a buoyancy perspective). Don't give up on it just because of some early difficulties, because they are to be expected.

Of course, I'm just diving wet until I can afford a drysuit, too, so I get your position. :)

spectrum:
Cinching up a baggy westuit is not the road to thermal protection. If it's working it's because the water is warm.

Pete

It's not the perfect solution, but if the seals at the neck, arms and legs are snug you shouldn't have a lot of water flow anyway. It will help to have a cummerbund snugging up the waist.

CrazyScuba:
It's not the perfect solution, but if the seals at the neck, arms and legs are snug you shouldn't have a lot of water flow anyway. It will help to have a cummerbund snugging up the waist.

No duct tape? :11:

Here's another vote for Aquaflite. Had my measurements done by Ed in person. Received my custom suit via mail 10 days later. Extremely well made and reasonably priced.

Back
Top Bottom