Custom Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure I could make a spring to fit. Might need the actual fin in hand. But I'm at a loss as to what mine would do that the factory ones aren't?

My main concern with the DiveRites is they come 'as is'... meaning you don't get to choose the length of the strap; they're preinstalled for 'one size fits all'. I wear SeaSoft boots that have a heavy sole so I'm not sure they'd fit in the fin like a regular boot.

Also, have you looked at all that plastic covering the spring? :shakehead: I could probably swap it out myself for a cloth covering similar to yours and Halcyon's though... so the main concern would be the 'one size fits all' spring length.

The fins are currently in production again, and I'm won't be near them anyway until next year at the earliest, but I like to plan in advance nonetheless.. :wink:

It should be simple to disconnect one end. That would allow replacing the cover & shortening the springs.

The only reason to replace them would be if you needed them to be longer.

any ways, when you get them if I can help at all just shoot me a PM. I can send you the nylon tubing if you need to replace the other stuff, walk you through shortening the springs, what ever.

any ways, when you get them if I can help at all just shoot me a PM. I can send you the nylon tubing if you need to replace the other stuff, walk you through shortening the springs, what ever.

Wow, thank you, Stu!

Fill Express rents out the DiveRite fins so my plan is to try them next time I'm there... most likely February. If they work, and they have them back in stock, I'm planning on picking up a pair to replace my Jets. If any adjustments are needed, I'll definitely be in touch. Thanks again! :)

for anyone waiting on me to make parts, I must apologize for the delay. I've been elbow deep in rebuilding the engine on my daughters car & have had a pile of other problems added to that this weekend & have not yet had time to make the ends. I'll let you know as soon as I have some made up.

Wayward...

Need a pair of spring straps for my Jet Fins by February.

Jet Fins are size "L". This item:

ScubaPro Jet Fins, Black

Can you hook a brother up? Should I PM you?

Yes. I've been buried with other issues & have to make a batch of ends, as I'm out right now. With the holidays coming up I have some days off & will see if I can get some finished.

vox, I will gladly make you a set of springs. But I really do have to point out the deal pirhana has on spring straps now. See their threads in this forum.

I can't even buy the raw materials for what they're selling complete sets for. I have not had my hands on their springs. Yet, I may buy a set just to check them out. But the price is incredible & I can't be upset with anyone who decides to give them a shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom