Custom Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have Wayward Son's custom spring straps on two pairs of slipstreams, two pair of jets and one pair of turtles. They are awesome, made in America, and I wouldn't use any other kind of spring straps.

Posted via Mobile Device

All of mine are still going stong - and they have been abused. Great product!

damn, docc, is it really 5 sets now? well, I guess you do like them, LOL

I appreciate the good words. I make these as a hobby. No, they're not as cheap as the mass produced ones, I can't get the materials that cheap. I make them for you, your fins & your boots. If that's what you want, then I have something to offer. If not, no problem. There are a lot of choices out there and I won't say anything bad about any of them, nor will I think anything about anyone who buys them.

I just try to do a good job for those who ask me to.

Have you had a look at DiveRite fins lately, Stu? (I'm looking for an alternative to my Jets so once I've had a chance to try out the DiveRites next year, if they're the fin for me, I'd like to replace the spring straps they currently come with with yours.) Their point of attachment is a bit different from other fins but it does look like their spring straps can be removed without destroying the fin.

Have a look at the spring strap detail on the right of the screen. If you click on it, you can enlarge it and at least see the screw that connects the strap to the rest of the fin. It's not the same as in person, of course, but it'll give you an idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom