Current weather - Phuket/BKK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

csr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

As it turns out I am headed to Thailand for 3 days and would love to get in some diving. I will reach on the 15th of May. Where can I head to, based on current weather conditions? No time for long journeys though hence the choice would be between the above two.

Thanks in advance.

Head out to Pattaya. That is the closets diving to BKK. You can take the bus from Ekamia or cab it in about 2 hours. The bus is about 120bath while a cab will range 800-1200 based on your negotiating abilities. I would recommend Aquanauts or Mermaid's just Google them. Both will offer pick up service from your hotel and I am sure can recommend hotels for various budgets. If you currently have your AOW, I would recommend diving the Hardeep. The nice thing about Pattaya, based on your travel plans is that you can dive one day and avoid a flight back to BKK making it easier to off gas as opposed to flying to and from Samui or Koh Tao. The season now is the Gulf of Siam. You may very well experience a bit of rain, but coming from the desert this may be a nice change.

Safe diving

Phuket weather has been "on and off" last week. I think more "off" than "on" actually!
Live-aboard season is over now but we still have excellent day trip diving of-course.

The last day has been a bit overcast, but generally the weather in Koh Tao has been very good, plus whale sharks almost every day. The quickest way to get to Koh tao is to fly to Koh Samui and then a two hour catamaran ride.

Phuket has been very very hot the last few days. Proper summer weather! I will update the weather blog again today. There was a bit of rain last week, but hardly any wind. Our divers yesterday reported flat seas on the trip to Racha Yai. of course, it can all change in the next few days, such is the nature of the summer season, but you always get more good than bad.

We've been following the forcasts for some days, which predicted today for calm seas. We went out to Shark Point from Ao Nang, Krabi today and had a glorious day out.:D The forcasts for the next couple of days are good too, with tides getting weaker as well. So don't be scared to give our area a try!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom