Current Water Temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwilcove

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone happen to have an accurate reading on current water temps around Ambergris?

Thanks,
Brian

I just got back on the 13th. Most of the dives off Ambergris were around 78-79 degrees, but the temps on one dive dropped as low as 75 in certain spots. The Blue Hole was around 77.

Hey, I might have to think about putting a wetsuit on!

Peter & Eco,
it looks like you guys have been down there for a while, what is the water temp in March and what suit (if any) do people typically wear? I'd like to pack light and beat the airlines...

No guarantees, but I'd expect 81-83. It could be quite windy, which might mean it could be cold on the boat after a dive, especially at night. You should be fine with a (well fitting) 3mm full suit, unless you're someone who gets cold easily. I haven't worn neoprene in over three years - I use a skin year-round.

Just got back last night. Temp was a pretty steady 77 degrees. Most people were wearing 3mm shorties and many got too cold to do the 2nd dive in the morning. I tend to get colder than most, was wearing a 3mm and was very cold. Wish I had brought my 5/4mm. Still haven't figured out how the locals were diving with no wetsuit?

Goes to show that temperature affects different people totally differently. Nonetheless, your own suit properly fitted will be much warmer than any rental of the same type, and a full 3mm can be quite warm - much warmer than a shortie even if that fits you properly. The fit of a wetsuit is crucial to its effectiveness.

Back
Top Bottom