Current turnaround on Ranger repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rockhound76

Contributor
Reaction score
Scott,
My trusty Ranger (it's OLD) finally needs some repair to the fabric between the bladder and the shoulder straps. It wasn't critical repair (not weight bearing), so I'd been letting it slide until things slow down. After our dives this weekend, it got worse, so I think it's now or never.

Not that I'm in a terrible hurry, but what is the turnaround for repairs right now (roughly speaking)? We're thinking about a trip in a month or so and I'm trying to decide whether or not to send it in or wait and try to get a few more dives out of it to avoid having to dive with my (aghast) old jacket BC. It would be nice to have the thing thoroughly inspected, anyway.

The alternative might be to order a deluxe backplate (thinking about it) and move the wing to that type of system once I get some feedback from other users.

Thanks (great system, btw).

RH76,

Scott's a little swamped right now with a big project, so I'll jump in here.

I can't say exactly about service time, but it's the slow season, and Zeagle will never take a month to repair a BC, as long as you don't send it by to us on a donkey's back.

Take it to a close dealer, or call for an RA #.

Backplates are cool too!

Chad

Thanks. I'm dropping it off at the LDS where I bought it this afternoon.

Will Zeagle service the rig, as well? (ref.: replace o-rings, go over entire unit) Or should I ask the LDS to do it beforehand? The repair probably involves just some fabric replacement.

We always try to keep the units for less than 5 business days.

The shipping to and from you or the shop is the "wild card". Fed EX Ground can deliver in as little as a day, or as many as 6 days in the US...

Also, keep in mind that the LDS doesn't always ship your unit the same day that you drop it off, so that comes into play as well!

The fall and winter months are definitely the BEST time to send your gear in for servicing...we can turn it around much faster while business is slower!

Thanks,

Scott

I just got the unit back and wanted to say "Thanks!". I sent it in for a rip in the harness, but when I got it back, I noticed that several other items were serviced as well. My older version of the Ranger now looks and works like new.

I think the turnaround was only a couple of days. Please send my thanks to the staff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom