Current currents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those margaritas were strong! I'm glad I waited until diving was over to have one.

I'm the person who was chatting with you in the restaurant. :)

Those margaritas were strong! I'm glad I waited until diving was over to have one.

I'm the person who was chatting with you in the restaurant. :)
Guessing that your mom is close to 80 and she is quite a diver! Can’t speak to the margaritas because I don’t drink. 🥴I’ll DM you about Chuuk. Thanks for making contact.

Great dive conditions moderate currents good visability since Tuesday.
IMG_20220429_094135.jpg

Saturday 4/23: Paseo Cedral (ripping) and Yucab (very slow, almost too slow)
Sunday 4/24: Around the island with the Thundering Herd. Mescalito’s, Coconuts, etc.
Monday 4/25: Bricks and Paradise and Cielo Cruise in the afternoon: Nice and slow currents; three (!) eagle rays
Tuesday 4/26: Fishing. 15 small dorado
Wednesday 4/27: La Francesa and Tormentos again. Nice current.
Thursday 4/28: Fishing. Five dorado (four small, one middling), one barracuda, one tiny tuna, two sailfish. Wife dove Bricks again and San Clemente Shallows.
Friday 4/29: Palancar between Bricks and Caves along with seemingly every other diver on the island, Villablanca Wall

Fishing again tomorrow.

Guessing that your mom is close to 80 and she is quite a diver! Can’t speak to the margaritas because I don’t drink. 🥴I’ll DM you about Chuuk. Thanks for making contact.
She is 80! And a phenomenal diver. She is my dive buddy this weekend for survey dives in Monterey, CA.

We did Maracibo yesterday and the currents were crazy. Changing directions, side to side a bit up and down. If people aren't watching you get spread out in a hurry. I felt bad for the guys with the big camera rigs, they were just extra weight as we were flying to fast to shoot much.

Saturday 4/23: Paseo Cedral (ripping) and Yucab (very slow, almost too slow)
Sunday 4/24: Around the island with the Thundering Herd. Mescalito’s, Coconuts, etc.
Monday 4/25: Bricks and Paradise and Cielo Cruise in the afternoon: Nice and slow currents; three (!) eagle rays
Tuesday 4/26: Fishing. 15 small dorado
Wednesday 4/27: La Francesa and Tormentos again. Nice current.
Thursday 4/28: Fishing. Five dorado (four small, one middling), one barracuda, one tiny tuna, two sailfish. Wife dove Bricks again and San Clemente Shallows.
Friday 4/29: Palancar between Bricks and Caves along with seemingly every other diver on the island, Villablanca Wall

Fishing again tomorrow.
Saturday 4/30: Fishing. Slow day, five small dorado

Three dive days left.

Today's currents were nuts. Way north was moderately strong but normal. Dive 2 at Cantrel was whacked. 1st 30 minutes were brisk but right along the wall, when the wall went deep and we needed to come up things got crazy. Bubbles going down, and swirling like a whirlpool. All divers were sent 20 to 30 feet or more down in the downcurrents and we got scattered in to 3 surfacing groups, even though we were all diving relatively close together. Even doing a safety stop was a challenge and everybody on the boat was experienced.

Another $hitty day in Cozumel, slow to weak current in Columbia thru Bricks, moderate current in Paso Cedral thru Santa Rosa, got mugged by nurse shark while clipping spines at the end of Cedral (one small and a decent Pez Leon). Nice light current on Villa Blanco wall, got a few keepers today.
IMG_20220502_055913.jpg
IMG_20220502_143811.jpg

Back
Top Bottom