Curious. Can you dye your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BLD_THRST

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know its a silly question but can you actually dye your wet suit? Cold water dye of course.... The outer part of the suit is fabric, i think.... but not sure if the dye would hold onto the suit.... well, it's an idea to make old suit look new... hehehehhehe

Congratualtions on coming up what in my recolection is an original thread topic!

Start simple, like with a pair of tired gloves. Also pay particular attention to what is required to "set" the dye.

If you get some rubberbands you can tie-dye it for that 60s retro look.

Pete

spectrum:
If you get some rubberbands you can tie-dye it for that 60s retro look.

Pete

if you put rubber bands on your skin when you first dive it, you might get a tie dye tattoo

One of my old surgical mentors used to say: you can do anything, but you might not always like the result...

(he was critical of the term "inoperable" --- everything can be surgically removed, he said, but how the patient turns out is another matter)

there is a method.

Basicaly you are dying a nylon type of plastic.

In cancun we had a program to dye BCD jackets that had ben bleached by the sun and chlorine from the pools, but it was extreemly toxic and horrible and I suggest that you get a new wetsuit, it is probably cheaper, easier and less carcinogenic.

cancun mark:
there is a method.

Basicaly you are dying a nylon type of plastic.

In cancun we had a program to dye BCD jackets that had ben bleached by the sun and chlorine from the pools, but it was extreemly toxic and horrible and I suggest that you get a new wetsuit, it is probably cheaper, easier and less carcinogenic.

Just out of curiosity... would you be willing to share the steps with us with the caveat that it is only for educational purposes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom