Curious. Can you dye your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no experience or expertise, and all I'm saying is based on PURE supposition.

I dun think you can effective dye neoprene without it bleeding the dye onto your skin everytime your put it on and even more so when you get it wet. Also, if you have to soak the wetsuit in a HOT solution (some dyeing processes require boiling) I would assume that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

Finally, WHY???? It MIGHT WORK, but if it doesn't you'd look really odd (dyed) for a few days.

yea..... i echo everyone's concerns.... wouldnt wanna look splotchy when i take my suit huh? heheheh

Maybe you could paint it with a latex paint. It wouldn't last long since they are water soluble, but if you are talented you could make a cool looking suit! I suppose it would be a bit irresponsible to be trailing a cloud of paint behind you though.

pupdiver:
Maybe you could paint it with a latex paint. It wouldn't last long since they are water soluble, but if you are talented you could make a cool looking suit! I suppose it would be a bit irresponsible to be trailing a cloud of paint behind you though.
There is always the option of painting your wet suit. Not sure where the thread is but there is someone out there that has painted a wet suit and shared it with us.

You guys reckon using a permanent oil based marker would work? Beats having the risk of dye getting on my body when i use a cold water dye which would result me soaking the whole suit and getting the dye on the inside of the suit as well....

it should be ok cause i only need to colour a few parts. the rest of the suit is black. hehe

I had this very same question today after taking delivery of a new wetsuit with an odd color combination. I just want to dye black two purplish side patches; maybe a shoe repairman might know what to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom