Curacao Trip Report - June 20th 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stan, do you think there could be a 2 degree difference from your back yard to mine? Our water seems calmer, you'd think it would be the other way around. What about temps from Lions Dive to Habitat, any change? Just curious, I never gave it much thought about East to West, just North to South. This past weekend's reports were for much clear vis in Westpunt.

I can't imagine that a non-diver would ever mind hanging out at Porto Marie ( or some of the other beaches) while you shore dived. We did a shore dive with smbcuracao while his wife hung out in her favorite spot on the beach. The beach was beautiful and the smoothies were great!

Sunshine & smbcuracao: I am turning 30 on of all days but Turkey day this year. So we'll be there sometime that week. We've been looking at that Curacao Now deal ($200 airline credits!!!). Definitely planning on staying in Westpunt and diving with OEW. Maybe get to dive with the Dive Bus on the South side. I feel like I didn't get anywhere close to seeing everything I wanted to see on land either last time we were there! Hubby has about 16 days to book for that promotion...he's regretting mentioning this trip to me just before we left for the Bahamas. If I tell as many people as I can, he can't renege right!:D Hope to dive with you both! Please find me a frogfish, I still haven't seen one in person! Can't wait to see what the vegetation looks like November too compared to June.

Hi BumbleBee,

It will be fun seeing you on Curacao again! If you plan staying in Westpoint, maybe I can arrange a package for you with All West Apartments / OEW. Just drop me a line and I'll take care of making you a nice offer!

Greetings from Hamburg
Andreas

CS I think the only difference between East and West may be the given current and whose computer you're looking at for the temp !
See you at the bike race.

BB we will have to find you a Frog Fish [and keep it a secret] until you get here. The island is very brown now with no rain for over two months. Hopefully Nov. is green.

Attachments

• Frog Fish Yellow18.jpg
    Frog Fish Yellow18.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 66
Hubby has about 16 days to book for that promotion...he's regretting mentioning this trip to me just before we left for the Bahamas. If I tell as many people as I can, he can't renege right!:D Hope to dive with you both! Please find me a frogfish, I still haven't seen one in person! Can't wait to see what the vegetation looks like November too compared to June.

Just keep dreaming. You're hubby isn't made of money ya know. :crafty:

'Sides there's probably no Turkeys down there, so Sunshine couldn't make one for ya anyway.

Not going near the nonfeathered turkeys.....
For our first thanksgiving, I met a poultry farmer and ordered a fresh turkey. He asked if I wanted 2. Because there would only be 6 of us, I said no. It was the thinnest turkey I had ever seen. I didn't know.... roast it as if it were a large chicken or just a very small turkey? I have to admit, there was very little fat in the gravy.
Last year we joined friends in Santa Barbara who also invited all the "boat people" moored in the marina.
The American Womens Club celebrates the Saturday before but it's not a big Antillean holiday. Of course if they only knew they could have yet another 4 day weekend, it might easily become one.
Don't forget, Thursday (7/2) is Flag Day and a holiday.
Speaking of giving thanks,
Thanks Stan, for helping out at the Westpunt riders first club race! Check out Saturday's NAPA for an article on the club. Alas, yes it is in Dutch.

When my wife went to town to buy an oven she could only find small European stoves.
She asked "how do you cook a Turkey?"
They said "what's a Turkey?"

Pictures of the race in the AM

Back
Top Bottom