Curacao suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a shore dive at Sunscape - just not a very good one IMO. A little farther east (seems like south) are some known shore dive sites - arguably Tugboat being the most famous.

IMO Curacao diving is better than Bonaire. I don't think they market it as aggressively since there's much more to do there - www.curacao.com lists most of it.

There's also about 40 more shore dives all along the west coast. Here's two different links to about 1/2 of them.
Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Curacao, ABC Islands
Dive sites - most but not all are shore dives.
Klein Curacao is only via boat and probably planned as an all day excursion.

Nice thing about most of them is they're sandy beach entries with on-site dive operations and food. The few that need a dive dock - someone has built one. If that's the on-site operator there may be a small usage fee >$5 - but that also often includes lockers/bathrooms etc. If you rent tanks on-site - many waive it. Also they'll watch your car if asked.

You will do more driving between sites than on Bonaire but they're often very different just a short drive away. To us, all of South Bonaire seemed to blur together by the end of the week.

If you're familiar with Dive Friends, a similar operation is Relaxed Guided Dives - only one shop but conveniently located just past the airport on the main road west. If you're like us and mostly dive west - you'll drive by it a dozen or more times.

You certainly don't sound like you need one but if you wanted a guide, there's the Dive Bus or Bas Harts Diving. A boat dive not to miss is Watamula - Go West Diving in Westpunt does it weekly. IMO they're also on one of the best shore dives - Playa Kalki. Worth the 45min. drive out.

Last edited:
Thanks much ! Not sure why more of my dive friends never go to Curacao!

Thanks much ! Not sure why more of my dive friends never go to Curacao!

It's funny, when I mention that I'm going to Curacao... again!, to my diving friends, they always say, " WHY??? .. Bonaire is so much better." I ask them if they have been to Curacao, and the answer is usually no, except if they flew there to jump over to Bonaire.

9 days away before my re-visit, it is a lovely place. (just don't leave stuff in your car, lol). Can't wait!!!!

Back
Top Bottom