Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciated; looks good! There's a type of listing I hope we see more of someday that would help with planning, because Curacao's shore diving seems to be a mix of 'styles' from other destinations.

The Bonaire stereotype is visit your dive op. (likely on the grounds where you stay), load your pickup truck bed with gear and 2 tanks/apiece, and drive around the west coast-hugging road, put into yellow rock-marked sites and dive. No on-site 'amenities' - no food, bathrooms, booze, staff watching your car, usage fees or a place to rent tanks from. It's you and nature.

The Grand Cayman impression I get from reading trip reports & discussions, is there aren't nearly as many shore dive sites as Bonaire, often there's a dive op. on land for whom a site is sort of a 'house reef,' and divers show up with their own gear (or rent), but rent tanks and weights at the on-site op. I'm aware not every case fits that model, but it's the impression I got for what's common. It's close to what I saw in St. Croix, though again exceptions may happen.

Curacao reports indicate a mixed bag.

-----1.) Some sites, like Bonaire, are 'barren' of civilization. Petty theft from rental trucks more a concern here, so leave doors unlocked and windows down, nothing of value except spare tanks in your truck.

-----2.) Some sites have an on-site dive op. and/or amenities; there may be a fee to use, there may be food/booze/bathrooms, maybe staff can keep an eye on your vehicle, etc...

Some people will want to load up some tanks from their dive op. and hit the road, incurring no additional fees. Some like 'amenities' and snacking, drinking, showering off or whatever after a dive.

Be nice to know which sites are which. Just a thought.

Richard.
Don't forget there are excellent boat diving opportunities as well!

King Neptune Watches over Playa Piskadó – Curaçao’s March Dive Site of the Month - Dive News Wire

Located in Westpunt, Curaçao – Playa Piskadó (aka. Playa Grandi) is a working fishermen’s beach that is home to sea turtles, an incredible coral and sponge encrusted statue of King Neptune, and a vibrant coral reef overflowing with life and color. Read the full story on Dive News Wire!

The Blue Room – An Essential Curaçao Experience – Curaçao’s April Dive Site of the Month

Discover what is now one of the coolest and most talked about experiences in the entire Caribbean – The Blue Room, a perfect place for off-gassing between dives or for a wonderful snorkel trip.

Read full article on Dive News Wire

IMG_1284-1170x780.jpg

Curaçao’s May Dive Site of the Month – The Kenepa Plantation: Where history merges with nature

The Kenepa Plantation is the perfect place on Curaçao to get away from it all, to get lost in nature and spend a relaxing day on the beach with an aquatic wonderland just a few foot-steps away...

Dive right in to the full article plus video's of the dive sites on Dive News Wire!

Curacao_2018_08_22-43-551x350.jpg

Dive Curaçao - NEW Release! The Curaçao Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Guide has been updated to include filters for Boat Diving, Shore Diving, Freediving, Wrecks, and more! Dive in and let us know what you think and, if there are sites that are missing, let us know! More sites will be added soon!

508511-40e85a440a4809a2cf9af6703642fe00.jpg

Dive Curaçao - NEW Release! The Curaçao Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Guide has been updated to include filters for Boat Diving, Shore Diving, Freediving, Wrecks, and more! Dive in and let us know what you think and, if there are sites that are missing, let us know! More sites will be added soon!

View attachment 572416

I enjoy your videos and your YouTube channel but your videos are sooooo short and don't give information that one can use to plan their dives. You need to make them longer, 5 or so minutes at least, and include more practical tips please.

I wish lots of luck!! (I subscribe to your YT channel and get your newsletters on email)

UPDATED and new thread started: Curaçao Diving Guide and Interactive Map

NOW dive in and start exploring more than 70 world class diving sites in Curaçao today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom