Curacao resturants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJ O'Dwyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We will be in curacao the first week in Feb at the Lions Den. Can anybody recomend spme good resturants?

Many thanks

Hook's Hut..Dig your toes in the sand and eat on the beach. The Govenor's Resturant downtown overlooks the floating bridge.. There are many downtown to recommend, where are you staying?

Lions Den

scubatexastony:
Rib Factory, Larrys, Grillin' Joes, Boat House, La Bahia, Surf and Turf, De Tropen, Portafino, et.al.... Oriential,Cuban, Indian, Italian, Local?

Let me echo the ribs factory recommendation....just a little place but GREAT food.

And Larry's, looks like an old Bennigans or Applebees the food is pretty good and it's AIR CONDITIONED !!!!.

Sushi place near the Promeneade...can't remember the name...but great food.
And the tempura cheesecake for dessert!!!!!!!!!!

Anyplace out closer to Habitat ? I know downtown is the place to go for good food, but after a long day of shore diving, downtown and back can seem long.

here is an excerpt (sp?) from a trip report that I did:
The dining on the Island was a pleasant surprise. The places we tried ranged from very good to excellent. Some of the top ones were Astrolab Observatory, Bistro Le Clochard, Fort Waakzaamheid and Larousse. One to avoid (and I am not even going to try to explain how we got there!!!) is Larry’s Steak House! It was once an Applebees and is about the same quality! In the US, restaurants turn over the same table 2-3 times / night. Not in Curacao…the table is yours for the evening….and the service reflects this! If you are in a hurry…….forget it! On our last night, it is our tradition to go back to the restaurant that we liked the best during our stay. Unanimously it was the Astrolab Observatory. I might also add that it was the most expensive meal of the week. If you are on a budget…steer clear! The last night I had a Tenderloin with Stilton cheese & a grilled Portabella on top and white asparagus covered in Béarnaise on the side (I passed on the carbs!). Awesome!!

HTH,
Dave

We stayed at Lions Den last year. Walk down the beach about 2/10 of a mile or so (you will go past a popular young crowd establishment) and there is a resturant that is set in a jungle setting (forget the name) but is was very good food and service and very unique setting. Sorry cannot remember the name but you cannot miss the setting right on the beach.
Have a blast

diveallthetime:
We stayed at Lions Den last year. Walk down the beach about 2/10 of a mile or so (you will go past a popular young crowd establishment) and there is a resturant that is set in a jungle setting (forget the name) but is was very good food and service and very unique setting. Sorry cannot remember the name but you cannot miss the setting right on the beach.
Have a blast

that'd be either Mambo beach. Kontiki beach, or Zanta's, Surf and Turf is the little shack by the Dive Bus and had good eats too. Up the road north of Breezes is the resturant in a plane, pretty cool atmosphere. :D

Back
Top Bottom