Curacao June 15-29th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joyceschur

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Chicago (but also NY and the Middle East)
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all. I'm fairly new to ScubaBoard and planning a solo trip to Curacao (my first time there) June 15-29th.

I'm currently a PADI DM with lots of Caribbean and Red Sea experience, so I'm familiar with shore diving as well as boat diving.

My plans aren't entirely set yet, but I'd like to divide time between east/west end: have read excellent reviews of Ocean Encounters, Ocean Encounters West and The Dive Bus along with Lion's Dive Resort, All West Apartment, Kura Hulanda.

Feel free to respond with any remarks/suggestions or if you'll be in the area.

If you dive w/the Dive Bus on the 16th, we'll be diving with ya! :D

Sadly, the 16th is our last dive day in Curacao :(

ps - welcome to SB

As a solo diver, definitely plan on a few dives with the Dive Bus when you are in the East.
Please come to Westpunt. All West has studios and if they are filled, let us know; we can work out a price for you here. If you plan on being in Westpunt the week of the 20th, the 2 SB JDs and families will be here if you'd like some shore dives along with OEW boat dives. There's a lot of camaraderie here so you'd have plenty of people to join for dinner as well as dives.

We will be staying at the Lodge June 11 to 27th. The house reef is quite good.

On the boat with OEW. They do a great job.

We like the Lodge accomodations. I have heard great things about All West as well. Probably easier to do more shore diving there.

Sol Food is great as well.

There will be other Scubaboarders there during parts of your trip. I can't remember their dates, some early, some late in your trip if I remember.

I would suggest a car if you come out to Westpunt. See the sights and to just get around for dinner, etc.

You will enjoy Curacao.

Please say Hello to my buddy Butch on your way out of Chicago!!

Last edited:
Curacao Sunshine - I've heard only good things about Sol Food, you can expect to see me while I'm in Westpunt. I'm looking forward to it!

jdcpa - Looks like our schedules mesh. Will probably be in Westpunt last week of your stay. Look forward to the possibility of diving with you, others and OEW. I definitely plan on Sol Foods and the car rental. Thanks for your response.

Curacao Sunshine et. al. Sounds like a plan. Thanks for including me! What I'll do is arrange myself to be on the east end for my first week in Curacao, then head out to Westpunt area by the 21st and stay there a week as well. I'll get back to you to confirm once my plans are solid. I really appreciate your help "connecting".

Hi Joyce!

Great to hear you're planning on diving with us in June whilst you're on the East part of your trip :) Solo isn't a problem as we'll have other divers for you to play with - including James R. Drop me an email so we can get you all booked up and straightened out!

(James - looks like we may be able to schedule Superior Producer for you then, fingers crossed!)

Sounds like you'll be having fun with Sunshine and the Gang the following week - maybe we'll head on out there and join you guys :)

All best and happy planning,
Suzy

The Dive Bus - HOME

Back
Top Bottom