Question Curacao Itinerary - Feedback Requested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
K

Kingcobra777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings

First of all, SB is a great forum and as a newish scuba diver I've found the posts and trip reviews to be invaluable and helped me pick Curacao for this trip

I am heading to Curacao for the first time with a scuba buddy and wanted to see what folks thought about the tentative plan.

We are staying at the Renaissance in Willemstad since I'm using points as a Marriott Titanium. We have a rental SUV and the spouses plus kids are coming along as well so there needs to be a balance between Scuba and hanging with the Fam's. Plan is to do morning dives to accommodate . Dive goal is to see lots of underwater species and the bigger the better...

Never shore dove so looking forward to building that skill set . Plan is to drive to Westpunt / beaches at least three times.

Friday

Arrive late evening at Renaissance

Saturday

Chill and relax beach day explore Willemstad

Sunday

Two tank dive Westpunt – Go West Diving

Go West Diving Schedule
DayFirst Dive Second Dive
SundayMeguel’s ReefRed Bush City
MondayRedihoElvin’s Plane Wreck
TuesdayMako’s MountainKortape
WednesdayDuane’s Release/ScooterParadise
ThursdayBlack Coral GardenWatamula
FridayMushroom ForrestJeremi
SaturdayPlaya HuluBlack Sand Wreck

Monday

Shore dive – Tugboat – Good beginner shore dive

Tuesday

Shore Dive –East end or West End Playa Porto Mari / Grote Knip / Cas Abao are options ?

Wednesday

Two tank boat dive Willemstad area -Goby Divers or Ocean Encounters ? Is boat diving in East End worth it or should we shore dive ?

OE boat dive schedule

Thursday

Relax beach day/ explore national park

Friday
A.M. departure to Miami

Thanks in advance

Matt

True Eastpoint dives aren’t included in any of those itineraries you have listed. The Eastern reef is only accessible by boat - truly pristine.
This is what I came to post. The Eastpoint reefs are the best on the island in my opinion. They get no shore diving traffic, so less pressure on the reefs, etc. The diving there, as KK put it, is "pristine". Dive Charters Curacao will take you in small groups on their RIB to all the good east side spots. VERY worth it!

DCC also does Westpoint trips in the RIB and have a trip that combos Watamula/Mushroom Forest and Blue Room, etc.....plus they are super awesome people. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom